Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the car mot'd - it passed despite a noisy wheel bearing - which I have had replaced.

I would have thought that bearings were a major safety issue - but the car still passed.....hmmmm.

Anyway, now on 104k and need a new cam belt - garage reckon 310 notes - is this reasonable?

Same garage I got the car from - so I know that I can trust them.

J

·
0 Posts
Must be main dealer to charge £310 for it :nod:

Don't think mine quoted that much for my 407 though, including the kit & labour.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Its the vat that bumps it up jm, would have done my own belt but in some discomfort at present and the cold tipped the balance. I thought about £60 but then im a bit adrift on prices since BMC went under.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A local garage. I know that they will do a good job. Mechanic reckons that its quite a 'big job' as a lot of bits have to be taken off to get to the cam belt.

This includes vat at 20% (thanks cameron).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was charged £150 +vat for the labour. I supplied a Gates Powergrip cambelt kit which included the rollers & tensioners - that cost £105. I also supplied a new Gates water pump at the same time costing £25 - Bang on £310 for the whole job. This was done by an independent garage that I have used for years & trust them with my life. Peugeot quoted £15 more for the job but I dont know them well enough to do a job like this. Better the devil you know.......

You may as well do the waterpump & tensioners at the same time as they are correct it is quite a big job & its not worth paying twice to get something replaced later that they have to take off now. Get it wrong & it'll cost a damn sight more!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts