Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My 307 2.0 HDi ( 51 plate, 90bhp ) has just gone over 60,000. I mentioned the upcoming cambelt change to my mobile mechanic a few months ago. However he recently came over to service my car and in conversation he said " btw, a customer of mine has a citroen with the identical HDi engine and her cambelt didn't need to be changed till over 80,000 miles." He said " don't take my word as gospel on this but that since it's the same engine it might be ok to leave it till later ". I told him I'd check with you guys here and also peugeot main dealers. I was under the impression that 60K is the threshold. So, is my car about to blow up any moment now or is there really no panic? :notsure:

·
Registered
387 Posts
cambelt change

I was informed by my Peugeot dealer that the cambelt on my 307 110s would not be due a change until 96,000 miles. I think your 90 would be the same.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
steve m said:
I was informed by my Peugeot dealer that the cambelt on my 307 110s would not be due a change until 96,000 miles. I think your 90 would be the same.
Yes, having rang up a peugeot dealer myself who said much the same thing, and then discussed it with my mechanic, we agreed it doesn't need to be done now, but might get it replaced at around 75,000 to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Merlin said:
Yes, having rang up a peugeot dealer myself who said much the same thing, and then discussed it with my mechanic, we agreed it doesn't need to be done now, but might get it replaced at around 75,000 to be on the safe side.
In Dubai,...cambelt was recommended to change at 80,000km,...so u guys should be happy to change at 60,000miles or 90,000miles

happy driving

1 - 4 of 4 Posts