Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi steevo,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to be the proud owner of the mighty 607 the motor is magic and I pure love it.

Your cambelt is now due yet, however when replacing the cambelt, you should always replace it as a kit (cambelt and tensioner kit) the tensioners are only £27 + VAT more.. It is also worth getting the water pump checked while they are in.. so good luck..

I have attached the service guide for your car. There isnt a Haynes Manual for this car. You can buy one from ebay however its not that great...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it mate.. its pure class for the money and its my second.

dont worry about the wee electrical problems they can be easily fixed..

the FL Parking light means Front Left Parking light which is a W5W bulb.. it can easily replaced by accessing from the hood.. The head light cap comes off by turning it clockwise.. then you will find the wee bulb on the bottom, just trace the wires and you will find it.. remember the parking light bulb is located on the dipped beam cap not the high beam.

with regards to the Tyre Pressure thing, There are two options.

Option 1 - Replace tyre pressure sensors and also get them programmed for £60 for each sensor and £60 or 1 hours labour to calibrate the sensors with the car using PSA Diag2000 (dealer only)

or

Option 2 - Pay £30 to dealer to neutralise them using PSA diag2000 and you wont have to bother again.. (depends, you dealer might do it for free as it just takes 5 minutes)

I went for option 2 - which is great.. one less thing to worry :)

Alarm could be funny sometimes.. make sure you lock the doors and not press the deadlock button near the ESP because that make the alarm very sensitive.. but dont worry.,, mine seems to misbehave every often... (Cure I used was to lock the car with the key for few days and its fixes its self)

Finally, you can get new discs from flebay... I wouldnt recommend.. you can buy them directly from Navteq for £65 for color navigation.. personally it would make much difference if you dont travel much.. but depends.. It bugged me on one weekend so I just bought one.. it comes recorded from Netherlands as Navteq are based there..

If you have anymore questions, please dont hesitate to ask..

I wonder how the petrol one drives and as yours is 3.0 Im sure it would be great...

mine is a 2.2 diesel and the guy at the shell garage has become my best mate.. since you have bought a 3 litre, Im sure all local garages would want to know you for the business. :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
no bother mate.. glad you got it sorted... what kind of diagnostic reader do you have?

version 8 was alright.. we dont have great support for 607's in UK. The dealers dont have a scooby...

the shelf should have 2 JBL 6x9 speakers.. ohms dont matter but I will check for you.. seems if though the previous owner took it off.. anyhow you can get them from Peugeot... the part number is 6562 F6 and is £27.17 each.

Can you see the wires ?? regardless it is pre-wired anyway.. but on your spec its deffo a 10 speaker JBL system... If you want I can check the ohms

1 - 3 of 3 Posts