Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am new to these forums and have just purchased my first Peugeot which happens to be a 607 3.0V6. The car is a 52 plate (2002) and has done 55,000 miles. Looking for information on it, there does not appear to be a haynes manual for this car. Is there any other workshop manuals for this car?

Also, what are the recommended intervals for changing the cambelt and how easy is it to do on this engine? Are you supposed to change any tensioners at the same time?

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi steevo,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to be the proud owner of the mighty 607 the motor is magic and I pure love it.

Your cambelt is now due yet, however when replacing the cambelt, you should always replace it as a kit (cambelt and tensioner kit) the tensioners are only £27 + VAT more.. It is also worth getting the water pump checked while they are in.. so good luck..

I have attached the service guide for your car. There isnt a Haynes Manual for this car. You can buy one from ebay however its not that great...

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your reply, its much appreciated.

I picked the car up yesterday and it drives like a dream. I do, however, have a couple of small electrical problems. When I start the car, first of all it tells me 'FL Parking Light Failure' and a picture of a bulb with a cross through it displays on the dash. I know this means a bulb has failed but I cannot find which one. I had a quick look and I couldn't see a failed bulb. Which one is the 'parking light'?

Also, a fault I knew about before I purchased the car was to do with the Tyre Pressure Sensors. The display says that a 'Tyre Pressure Sensor is Missing', and then when you have driven for a while I get a warning come up on the dash saying 'Tyre Damage Has Been Detected', then a big red STOP word. The person I bought this off says that he changed the sensor but the fault is still there. Does this combination of errors seem as though it will be fixed if I get Peugeot to reset the sensor?

The alarm also seems extremely sensitive. It went off at 5am this morning and has gone off a few times since. Is there any way of finding out which switch/sensor is setting off the alarm?

Lastly, where can I get the updated SatNav software and Maps at a reasonable price?

Sorry for so many questions, but its the first Peugeot I have had.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it mate.. its pure class for the money and its my second.

dont worry about the wee electrical problems they can be easily fixed..

the FL Parking light means Front Left Parking light which is a W5W bulb.. it can easily replaced by accessing from the hood.. The head light cap comes off by turning it clockwise.. then you will find the wee bulb on the bottom, just trace the wires and you will find it.. remember the parking light bulb is located on the dipped beam cap not the high beam.

with regards to the Tyre Pressure thing, There are two options.

Option 1 - Replace tyre pressure sensors and also get them programmed for £60 for each sensor and £60 or 1 hours labour to calibrate the sensors with the car using PSA Diag2000 (dealer only)

or

Option 2 - Pay £30 to dealer to neutralise them using PSA diag2000 and you wont have to bother again.. (depends, you dealer might do it for free as it just takes 5 minutes)

I went for option 2 - which is great.. one less thing to worry :)

Alarm could be funny sometimes.. make sure you lock the doors and not press the deadlock button near the ESP because that make the alarm very sensitive.. but dont worry.,, mine seems to misbehave every often... (Cure I used was to lock the car with the key for few days and its fixes its self)

Finally, you can get new discs from flebay... I wouldnt recommend.. you can buy them directly from Navteq for £65 for color navigation.. personally it would make much difference if you dont travel much.. but depends.. It bugged me on one weekend so I just bought one.. it comes recorded from Netherlands as Navteq are based there..

If you have anymore questions, please dont hesitate to ask..

I wonder how the petrol one drives and as yours is 3.0 Im sure it would be great...

mine is a 2.2 diesel and the guy at the shell garage has become my best mate.. since you have bought a 3 litre, Im sure all local garages would want to know you for the business. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really appreciate all your help Scotcruz. I have never had a Peugeot before so they are all new to me. The fact there is no Haynes manual does not help. I managed to get the workshop CD from Ebay which helps a bit but no where near as good as the Haynes manual.

Fortunately, my diagnostic scanner works on Peugeot and it allowed me to disable the pressure sensors. All those errors have gone now. It also allows me to pair the sensors as well, but it seems at least one is faulty so I decided to disable them.

The alarm is a funny one. It seems to be the interior sensors as I have a button that allows you to turn the interior sensors off (in case you want to leave a window open or a dog in the car). When I set the alarm using this method the alarm seems to work fine with the interior sensors disabled.

Is there only the 2 ultrasonic sensors by the courtesy light or are there other ones as well?

I think I have the SatNav sorted. I found a thread on another forum which was, in-fact, started by yourself asking the same question as me. The french guy there had uploaded version 8 of the software which I installed on mine. I have seen a few map disks on Ebay of which I will buy one.

The parking light sorted itself. I opened the bonnet, and as I closed it shut, the light came on so it must have been a bad contact as it has worked ever since and the warning light has gone off.

The 3.0V6 is an awesome car. Fuel is not as bad as I thought it would be and I have averaged 28.4MPG since I have had it which has been mostly round town driving. I was getting 35MPG when I was driving it back from getting it which was a 150mile motorway drive. It is extremely smoothe and quiet. The only noise you hear is tyre on the road noise, no engine or wind noise.

One other question I do have is regarding the audio system. The user manual states that there are 10 speakers and 2 subwoofers in the rear parcel shelf. I seem to have the 10 speakers but there are no subwoofers in the rear parcel shelf. From the boot, i can see the holes where the subwoofers go but they are not installed. Were these an optional extra or has someone removed them? Do you know what type they should be so I could put some there (if you have some in yours, can you see what OHM rating they are)? They look like 6x9 in size. I am going to have a look later to see if the wiring is there, I couldn't see any at first looks.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
no bother mate.. glad you got it sorted... what kind of diagnostic reader do you have?

version 8 was alright.. we dont have great support for 607's in UK. The dealers dont have a scooby...

the shelf should have 2 JBL 6x9 speakers.. ohms dont matter but I will check for you.. seems if though the previous owner took it off.. anyhow you can get them from Peugeot... the part number is 6562 F6 and is £27.17 each.

Can you see the wires ?? regardless it is pre-wired anyway.. but on your spec its deffo a 10 speaker JBL system... If you want I can check the ohms

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The diagnostic equipment I have is called a DEC Superscan II. Its quite expensive but I got it second hand about a year or so ago. Its a modular system so you buy the hardware and then you buy the various modules for the car manufacturers you want, I eventually got them all. Once you have the module you get almost full main dealer functionality.

The rear parcel shelf speakers definitiely seem as though they were never fitted. There is no wiring there or anything. I removed the grills to look underneathe and there is the hole where the speaker goes but no wiring anywhere I can see. The holes do not look as if they have ever been used as there are no scratches or marks around the screw holes.

I might well fit these extra speakers.

Where abouts are you getting your part numbers from? Do you know if there is a wiring diagram available for the 607?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts