Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above my cam chain appears to have snapped/thrown something off putting a hole in my rocker?? (According to mechanic)

My car seems to be drivable but losses all oil through the top/left of the engine(near belts).

It is being diagnosed in more detail at the moment, will this be an expensive fix? Will it be engine out (squeaky DMF I could have done at the same time)?

Any advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Modified tensioners and chain should be fitted. I suspect that you will need a cover ,injector seal kit and studs, chain and tensioner plus a cambelt kit/alternator belt and water pump.

D

·
0 Posts
The chain has worn tracks in the cylinder head cover. From what you're saying. Get the cyl head cover aluminium welded and fit a new chain and tensioner and whatever else is kaput. Otherwise you'll need a a new cly head as the cyl head cover is machined to the head and they're matched together.

No need for engine out. I'd be looking into your service history also. The chain has got loose for a reason. Namely poor servicing.

Sent from my GT-S5690

D

·
0 Posts
They don't have a service interval. The tensioner fails sometimes from poor lubrication services. Bad oil change intervals can't get to the tensioner to make it work correctly.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
You learn something every day. So if the cam belt breaks on a 1.6 hdi - it doesn't bugger up the engine? What does the cam belt drive then?

D

·
0 Posts
You learn something every day. So if the cam belt breaks on a 1.6 hdi - it doesn't bugger up the engine? What does the cam belt drive then?
On the contrary. It'll mangle loads. The belt drives the sprocket that drives the two camshafts both of which are driven by the chain.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I weighed up swapping cars, but really want a 3008 next and they are still out my price range, so i'll fix her and keep her running, just turned 100k so I expect the DPF fluid will need doing soon.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I picked it up today and the difference in engine noise for one is massive(no tapping noises).

Once I left the garage I got a fault pop up 'Fuel tank access not properly locked' so I took it back, they checked the fuel cap and sensor in the tank neck and all looks ok, they said it must be the sensor/loom and its a common fault? as they wouldn't have been anywhere near the tank I take their word for it.

However driving home (M1) I hear this wind gushing type noise from the driver wheel arch and without any more warning the wheel arch gets sucked into the wheel and rips off, taking the under tray with it!!

So they are going to re-imburse me for having the plastics replaced (and tyre if needed).

Regarding the other fault, is this common and is there any way this could have been caused by the work done to my engine?

Many Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts