Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2016 partner 2 years ago it as full service history and only as 55000 on clock last week my cam belt broke which ruined my engine. I rang peugeot up and explained they have agreed to look at it, but I checked the expected span of them is 120000 so I asked if it was a fault and if they would accept some or all of the the work to be done for free. Am I being reasonable with them and do you think I have a chance. Thanks

·
3,194 Posts
HI....we hope you do get it repaired for free....but be optomistic...they might try and wriggle out of liability....good luck and keep us informed...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If it has a FULL up to date Peugeot main dealer service history you stand a much better chance of getting it fixed FOC or a contribution to repair.

Is it just a snapped timing belt or has something else failed to take the belt out?

Tensioner pulley? Water pump?

What is the state of the auxiliary drive belt? A lot of cam belt failures are due to the auxiliary belt failing & then getting drawn in around the crank pulley in turn taking the timing belt out at the same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure of full extent of damage I will find out on Tuesday. I have full service history but not with peugeot, so it's just fingers crossed until Tuesday. I will post on here the full outcome of Peugeots findings and cost. Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts