Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 307 2.0L HDI (90hp) 51 plate. I have just replaced the clutch and thankfully it didn't have a dual mass flywheel fitted:) and now I want to do the cam belt. It was supposedly replaced 5 years go on 101,000 and now the mileage is 133,000. How difficult is it to do? I have replaced cambelts on 106's and on saxo's and they are relatively straight forward. I have been quoted in the region of £370 by the garages around here and due to the cars age it isn't worth forking out that kind of money when if I do it it will cost around £80 -£100 inc the water pump. I don't have a belt tension tester and so it would be the old 90 degree twist method.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i done my own first time it was not all that hard the only thing thats hard is removing all the timing covers lol.

the twisting 90 degree twist method is what i used as well plus a few pros
told me the same, if you have done saxos and 106s then you can do the diesels ! :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Ditto 106's and saxo when it comes to removing and refitting timing belt covers. Obviously there is the diesel pump timing to take into account on this vehicle but if its not much harder than a 106 ill give it a go over the x mas holidays. Not much fun on a driveway mind:-(

·
Registered
402 Posts
Obviously there is the diesel pump timing to take into account on this vehicle
AFAIK no timing of the pump necessary, not like the old days when the pump delivered on compression stroke alone, these days the pump delivers high pressure to a common rail, and the injectors open electric, controlled by the ECU

Holt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts