Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all
Can any one please tell me whats involved in changing a cam belt on a 2003 607 3.0 ltr V6
cant find a manual anywhere
many thanks
Don

G

·
Its a real arse twitcher. Not an impossible DIY job, but far from one you should consider if you're not up to advanced home spanner twirling level.

On the V6 pugs I've owned (all of one) I just paid some fecker to do it, and I'm an ex tech. That's why some of these V6's are so cheap - a £500 406 coupe may sound a bargain, but when you find it needs an £800 cambelt job...

Speaking of which, it's essentially the same unit used in the 406, so book the 406 Haynes manual out the library.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks chopper will have a look at the haynes book

i did one on my 605 that was a bas***d i must admit
oh well will give it a go some time
cheers
Don

·
Registered
78 Posts
Almost impossible for DIY

I have considered changing the belt on mine (3.0). I am a trained auto tech but from the look of the front of the engine its a B******d. I took it to the dealer and they quoted £400.00 (+ VAT) labour so they must agree. they didn't really want to do it.
The belt comes as a kit with new pulleys for a measly £385.00. If you push them they can supply the belt only for £85 + vat but they won't guarantee the part.
Not the answer I wanted.
£1000 or £700.
Still undecided what to do.

G

·
davidg6529 said:
I have considered changing the belt on mine (3.0). I am a trained auto tech but from the look of the front of the engine its a B******d.
Aye laddie, I've never looked on the 607, but on the 406 access was tight, and as I get older I'm less inclined to get stuck into a really gnarly job.

toddy2 said:
i will do anyones v6,i quite enjoy doing them:)
Kinky boy!

A good offer though. Drive up then go for a meal and a Guinness while you get jiggy with it.

I can't see how pug justify the parts prices. I recently did the belt on my 2.2 petrol ,and the kit was £65 for genuine from Yeomans. Belt, rollers, the lot. Even assuming the V6 has THREE TIMES as much in it (which it doesn't) that would still only make it £195. Someone's either having a wheeze, or else it's pugs way of saying 'buy a new car'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.