Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm due to pick up a Peugeot 207 SW 1.4 VTi 16v 95 S 2008 from my local dealer with 18 month gold warranty on Wednesday,it has 39k miles,what is the cambelt change schedule on this model please?
Also,anything I should need to look out for?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply,
Well that's reassuring,is there anywhere online to check this do you know?
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My full warranty covers everything apart from consumables ie tyres/exhaust etc,so I'm assuming if the cam chain is a non scheduled replacement then it should be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Replacement intervals are a guideline and are suggested maximums. I would expect the warranty company to refuse a claim as it could be classed as a wear & tear item i.e. subject to wear in normal use and therefore a consumable.

·
Registered
870 Posts
chain on daughters at 60k was fine, it was the tensioner that had gone weak that had destroyed the guide rail.

think anyone with a older vti should get it swapped out or checked, not very expensive to buy a new one, and its screwed in from outside the engine so shouldnt cost to much in labour.

this kind of thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaMmIabWH8c

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up!!
Am assuming this tensioner is a common fault/issue?
I'm going to speak to my Peugeot dealer and see if they'll replace this while doing a full service free of charge,if I had to pay for the part,what is the part cost?
Thanks

·
Registered
870 Posts
you see this fault more so on the bmw mini sites (same engines more or less)

part is around £30, have read bmw uprated the tensioner so would guess peugeot have followed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Isn't it generally the turbocharged models that suffer from the issues with the timing chain, rather than the na engines

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its the SAME engine they can all suffer from it !!

Its not something Peugeot want to admit to a bit like the 307 cc rollover ecu issues they claimed until recently it was not an issue but they are now asking owners to come in and have them checked :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts