Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What parts should be changed when you do a cambelt change??
Ineed mine done and the mechanic has priced me up a new water pump as well.Is this the norm??? Thanks
P.S I have a 2002 1.6 16v 307.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Yep - water pump driven off belt - pump replaced as easy to change with belt off. Pump may well be fine - but mechanic is proposing replacing to save possible future problems.

This applies to other manufacturers as well as Peugeot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the job priced up at £225 including labour using genuine peugeot parts including cam belt kit,water pump,auxillary belt and antifreeze.Parts priced as trade price and only £57 labour=2 hours.
Is this a bargain price???

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sounds OK to me - I was quoted nearer 300 quid at two different places (without the pump doing).....I still haven't got around to having it done mind ..:rolleyes: Mine was rollers, both belts and labour only

·
Registered
150 Posts
30716v said:
Had the job priced up at £225 including labour using genuine peugeot parts including cam belt kit,water pump,auxillary belt and antifreeze.Parts priced as trade price and only £57 labour=2 hours.
Is this a bargain price???
sounds good to me :thumb:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey 30716v,

where abouts in somerset was the garage that did your cambelt and so on ,im needing mine done also but am not getting prices anywhere near what you got....any help would be great, did they give yoiu a good job and prompt work?
regards Matt.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi matt
I am having it done tommorrow.I am having the work done in a garage in Trowbridge,Wiltshire.My brother knows the mechanic hence why it is quite a good price.When i am there I will ask him if he would do another one for the same price.:thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had the cambelt,waterpump and plugs changed and she runs like a dream now.
The problem was the cam belt had no tension on it and the waterpump had bits of it that had broken off.Hence why I was having problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts