Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so after reading around our 407 1.6hdi will need a timing belt replacement at 150k, or is this a load of codswollop as the most i have ever known one to last until needing changing is around 72k.
I am just a little worried as it has done 52k already and after having 1 cam belt pully/tensioner bust on you rendering your car useless i really do not want that to happen again to me.;)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i think peugeot recommend for the 307 a timing belt change every 80k, so i assume it would be very similar to the 407. but people normally get this changed 10k before hand, just to be on the safe side etc. so if i am reading your message above correctly 150k is 10k short of the 2nd change at 160k (2x80k).

hope this helps :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
fair enough...best bet tho...look in the owners manual and/or ring your local peugeot dealer...cant go wrong with them

J

·
0 Posts
My 2005 2.0 HDI is recomended at 160k or 10yrs - quoted by Peugeot. I don't intend leaving it this long, and will probably have it done at next service 96k when its 6-7yrs old.
Its not uncommon with Peugeot HDI to have longer intervals - my 306 on the original 2.0 HDI 90bhp had a 96k interval, and that was 10yrs ago - must have developed since.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think when the time comes I will do what John says and get it done at 80k, I have already had one car die on me due to a failed pully/ tensioner and dont want it doing again.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
aii...fair play, ive heard it is an all new top end of engine jobby...possibly false eco to get it repaired if the vehicle is not worth it in £££'s

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a right shame and i loved the car, very nippy it was, only a vectra sri but i loved it. Ended up scrapping it and getting the new shape 3.2 v6:p just got rid of that now (noooooo my baby) now my wife and i have more eco cars, hers is the peugeot....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts