Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I don't know if you can advise. I have just been charged £430 inc. VAT for a cam-belt change.
The parts charged were as below but i am wondering if any of these parts are included in the first item (the kit), and/or if it is likely they would need to be changed? I actually saw the 'pully' and it did look worn. Also, are these prices realistic?
Thanks
Alex

Cam Belt kit - £77.71
Pulley - £71.11
Pully bolt - £2.18
Timing gear - £16.39
Lower Cover - £11.33
Upper cover - £30.32
Auxillary belt - £13.41

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Alex
My local garage did my belts much the same for £320 incl VAT which I guess is comparable, depending on where you live. (206 1.9 diesel 1999)

Seems a bit odd to change the covers though..they didnt change mine, although yours may be diffent and break on removing :confused:

The pullies are changed as they are part of the kit apparrently, and it is false economy not to do so. The job is quite awkward and lengthy, and the thought is 'may as well do them now in case they go'. If they fail they will destroy your engine, so I for one didn't argue :)

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave...that makes me feel a little better, but as you can see they charged for a pulley, gear, bolt and aux belt seperately to the kit. I was wondering if any of these were part of the kit?

Alex

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well thats good then Alex :thumb:
My aux belt needs changing every 20K, just wears out so I guess it is cost effective to do it at the same time. The lower pulley doesn't always need to be changed, but you may have the type with a rubber insert, which usually gets mullered when the pulley is pulled off the crankshaft to get the cambelt off. I don't have this type, which may be the reason I get through aux belts so quickly :lol:
Cheers
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.