Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am coming up to 100000 miles and want to do the cam belt and water pump but I have been quoted 5 hours for the work by 2 general garages (about £60/65 per hour so 300-325). They are getting the time from "Autodata". I did phone the local main dealers and they quoted £280 labor which to me says about 2.5 hours as dealers normally charge about £100 per hour?

Is Autodata wrong or are the main dealers just a good price on this?

Parts are on top and about £130 from local garage and £190 dealers.

Edit: should have said 407SW 2.0HDi 55 plate

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Main dealers might often have good prices in such jobs.

At least over here a mate is working at a peugeot garage, and he use about 2 hours to change cambelt and take a full service on the 1.6 HDi engine.

As he's doing a lot of these jobs he's working really fast. I would guess a garage working on a lot of different car types could spend quite a bit longer time on such jobs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found a new local mechanic and he quoted £308 all in and includes a mini service :)

Well happy :)

D

·
0 Posts
Main dealers might often have good prices in such jobs.

At least over here a mate is working at a peugeot garage, and he use about 2 hours to change cambelt and take a full service on the 1.6 HDi engine.

As he's doing a lot of these jobs he's working really fast. I would guess a garage working on a lot of different car types could spend quite a bit longer time on such jobs.
I'll guarantee if he's doing a belt and a service in two hours he's overlooking something. What about doing the waterpump, they all leak and its imperitive to do them with a belt. Working fast means things are getting broken! Fact.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he is a mechanic at local Peugeot Garage so I assume these are an easy job for him. he must get a discount on parts too :)

D

·
0 Posts
That doesn't mean anything. I know fellas in Peugeot garages that haven't a clue between them. All in all its up to you. You get what you pay for. :thumbup:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts