Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now then,

I've tried searching and couldn't find anything so:

I've gathered from daffyduck that I can use hammerite for painting the calipers. But I'm looking more into doing this, so does anybody know how I go about it?

Do I have to take all of them off, or can I just remove the wheels and do it like that? How much cleaning down do I have to do because all I got is a sponge....

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i did my peugeot blue, with caliper paint from halfords and a small paintbrush...took my wheel off used a wire brush, to scrub the crap from around the area then painted, waited till it dried and did a few layers and did it that way. took me no more than one hour :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did my peugeot blue, with caliper paint from halfords and a small paintbrush...took my wheel off used a wire brush, to scrub the crap from around the area then painted, waited till it dried and did a few layers and did it that way. took me no more than one hour :lol:
and when did you manage to get back on the road?

Nice one, all in all cost?

·
5,066 Posts
i did mine red this way with caliper paint bought from ebay, only thing i did slightly different was to slide a piece of paper between the brake pad and the caliper so i didnt get paint on the shoes

before

after

and from a little further away

·
Registered
873 Posts
They are very dirty. Best way to do it is remove the caliper, put in vice and get a wire brush attachment for an electric drill. They come up like new, nice and silver, ready for painting.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there much in taking the caliper off? Ie bleeding brakes etc?

·
Registered
190 Posts
......sorry to but in but just a thought.. I wonder what painted callipers would look like if they were in the same colour as the body. Id have thought pretty cool.

(obviously wouldnt work in black or dark colours).

'butting out now':eek:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna try get mine red as i had that thought also. :D

I'll post pictures when done. Trem did you clean them down etc?

·
5,066 Posts
I'm gonna try get mine red as i had that thought also. :D

I'll post pictures when done. Trem did you clean them down etc?
yea just give them a good wirebrushing tbh, couldnt be bothered to take them all off, bleed brakes and all that.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got any pictures daffy?

I've decided before even looking at it that I want to do them while they are on the motor. Bleeding brakes sounds boring and like I have to get more brake fluid.

I'm a lazy guy, what can a say?
:rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Easy enough really, I have a silver 307 and have done mine in silver. I also painted the caliper bracket.
Actually daffy if you can give me a guide to how easy this is I might contemplate it. Seems more of a faff on though.

Trem, did you get spray or brush? Any other tips to add? You could do a guide :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
like i say you can get a decent job by just taking the wheels off, using a wire brush, and painting a few layers. i started at 11am i was on the road by 4pm :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
like i say you can get a decent job by just taking the wheels off, using a wire brush, and painting a few layers. i started at 11am i was on the road by 4pm :lol:
Spray or brush?
:tantrum:somebody answer me:tantrum:
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i done mine 2 years ago blue and till monday they still looked good
ive now changed them to sliver and already had few guys tell me the sliver
looks great, took me about 2 hours max took all the wheels off wire brushed
the calipers and brake cleaner and let them dry 5-10 mins and painted them
will post pics soon :thumb:

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice one mate! How much is brake cleaner & where would i get it? Is it much beneficial like?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
can get brake cleaner in any local car part shops or halfords near sure its £5 or less you dont really need to use it but will break up any brake dust or crap stuck on the calipers, you can get the paint in halfords too ive used Hammerite smooth you can get that in red, blue, yellow, sliver, black, white. :thumb:

mine:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts