Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm new here because i just bought a Peugeot 607 2.2 petrol (2004) First of i got scared for all the faults you say this car have:nono: , but i guess i will have to take it one day at the time !!

The car was sold with a VDO system (computer in the back on top of cd changer, and a screen fitted on the instrument panel. The system was not connected, and i guess the cables hidden. I cant seem to find them, i looked for them behind the computer display...but with no luck... Any of you know where these cable could be hidden ?? the GPS antenna is still in the back windows, and the computer in the back has power, so all i need is to connect the screen....but no cable ???:confused:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
NicVentura said:
Hi all

I'm new here because i just bought a Peugeot 607 2.2 petrol (2004) First of i got scared for all the faults you say this car have:nono: , but i guess i will have to take it one day at the time !!

The car was sold with a VDO system (computer in the back on top of cd changer, and a screen fitted on the instrument panel. The system was not connected, and i guess the cables hidden. I cant seem to find them, i looked for them behind the computer display...but with no luck... Any of you know where these cable could be hidden ?? the GPS antenna is still in the back windows, and the computer in the back has power, so all i need is to connect the screen....but no cable ???:confused:
Hi Welcome to the forum,

are you sure your car was factory fitted with the satnav... There wires are not hidden, they are just there.. you can miss them, they are connectors at the end of it and you simply connect them.. the GPS antenna is actually at the front on the rear view mirror..

have you checked you chasis number to see if it does come with it.. if you need help to check that let me know.. (PM me your chasis number and I can post you the specs of your car)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I'm so sorry, i was not clear enough. It is not factory fitted, its an aftermarket VDO DAYTON navigation system. (lose screen and such)

so some one fitted it in the car. But i got it from main dealer, and they always take stuff like that out of the car and hide the cables, because (well stuff like that is not pretty in a beautiful car like the 607:lol:

And another thing now that you are here !! is my car really a bucket of faults as some say.....(its a 12/2004) with all the new stuff except for facial face lift (2005) 2.2 petrol 160bhp. It drives like a dream, but I'm always afraid something will happen that will cost more then i can handle:( , after reading about it on the net...some people really hate this car (mostly BMW people):rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts