Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last winter on at weekend drive, something happened to heater/fan and A/C system. Since then I have been trying to work out, how to locate and fix the problem. But without any luck, which is why I’m asking for some help and guidance.

Car:
407 SW 2,0 HDI, 2009.

Problem:
In automatic mode the A/C doesn’t regulate the fan up or down. It stays in the same position at all times. Switching to manual mode, I can turn the fan up and down as I please. Turning up the temperature to max or min make the fan run faster – but not as fast as it is supposed to.
Further more, there is a 2-3 degrees different between left side and right side of the car. Setting the temperature to ex. 23 degrees makes et much wormer in the left side of the car and pretty cold in the right side of the car. It seems like the warm air only or manly is blown to the feet in the left side.

What have I tried until now:
First of all I have inspected with an endoscope, that flaps not are broken or damaged. They are both intact and working (opening and closing). So that is not the problem.

I have tried every position of the A/C manually meaning, air to the windscreen, to the cabin, to the feet in each side is working as they should. Max heat to the right side while min heat to the left side is working. So it looks like I manually can make the A/C work to some extend.

Question:
Can any body help me with some advise? My Peugeot Garage has offered to look at the problem while warning me, that they probably will replace the whole A/C – which is not a cheap operation!!!

Kind regards

·
5,027 Posts
no idea if it will help but there is a little fan in the dash just above the glovebox(behind the 3 slots) that has something to do with the climate control. Just prise the trim off and see if its working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer.

In my Peugeot 407 the sensor is not installed because it is not a part of the climate controle system. Earliere climate controle systems on the 407 had them and it was as far as I know also a different supplier of the climate control system.

I really hop that others has a sugestion to the problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts