Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, having owned her since September 2009, she's finally gone!

We've had our issues together, but it's mostly been a pleasant experience!

On the final day when I went to pick up my V5 from home we did a roughly 700 mile none stop stint, it was effortless and that is certainly the best quality of the 407, cruises like a boss.

For those interested, I used about 3/4's of a tank doing that approx 700 miles.

As for the replacement, I was toying with a 508 GT as the idea of the 2.2 HDI was nice, until it was automatic, or nothing! Also, I was never 100% sold on the interior of the 508.

So, I settled with a 2011, 60 plate Citroen C5 VTR+ NAV on the 2.0 (160).

D

·
0 Posts
One problem the c5 has though is front window regulators. You couldn't keep them fitted to them. The cables rust through. Other than that they are a good car. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
5,087 Posts
shame you left the world of 407 but the c5 is a nice car, i looked at them a couple of years ago when i was thinking of changing, couldnt get on with the steering wheel tho. The way the centre bit stays still whilst the outer turns confused the f*ck outta me

·
Registered
464 Posts
Gotta agree with Trem there lol - not confusing but it's just WIERD lol. I've only driven a few of them but every time had me giving the wheel funny looks :p

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, I've got to be honest and say I had reservations about the wheel confusing the life out of me, and thankfully after a few 100 miles you don't notice that it's any different.

However, if you are the type of person who loves to fiddle with the buttons while turning corners, it'll suck balls because you can't really do that properly!

At least I'm still rolling with a French car, rather than some of the other sell outs on here! :D

Oh and the 2.0 160 engine is really nice, £120 tax, mixed mostly town driving I'm averaging about 650 miles on a tank. On a motorway run it's in the low 900's.

The one thing that does slightly annoy me, the navigation system comes complete with bluetooth, however, they neglected to include a2dp until sometime in 2012 when the emyway was introduced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts