Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi been browsing around with not to many answers to my question. I have a slight problem, my Peugeot 207 1.4 hdi dv4td 90bhp gear box has gone bang and i cant find one for love nor money well not for any less than a small fortune the gearbox according to service box is a BVM MA5/N. My question is would a gearbox that is a BVM MA5/O replace it all though they have different markings they look identical but iv been led to believe that its the ratios and the internal gear lines that are different. If anyone has a spare five to point me in the right direction i would be grateful.

·
6,434 Posts
Its not that simple the code you quote are for the core gearbox you need the "CQ" code for the correct gear and final drive ratios

What the last 8 of your VIN and we can get the correct gearbox code

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My CQ code on my gearbox is 20CQ63 does that have to match like for like then as i sort of guessed that the CQ code would be something to do with ratio and gear line. iv got service box and it does state under manual gearbox my CQ code and two other replacement CQ codes which are 20CQF3 and 20CP54 I take it that it has to be one of these three codes then? its just the Haynes manual isn't that clear it just states that all petrol and diesels up to the 1.6 hdi use the MA5 box but what your saying is that MA5 box's fit but its what's going on inside that is different.thanks for getting back to me mate its much appreciated. kindest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts