Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On a 1.6HDi 110, what would cause a buzzing noise when either:

(1.) the accelerator is blipped in neutral or
(2.) the clutch pedal is pushed in (clutch disengaged) when coming to a stop?

Under point 1, car is in neutral, emergency brake engaged. Shifter in neutral. Foot nowhere near clutch. Blip accelerator. Rpms go up and as they fall "bzzzzzzz".

Under point 2, basically I mean I slow the car for a stoplight, then push in the clutch to change to neutral to sit at the light. As soon as I depress the pedal I get about a 2 second loud "bzzzzzzz". Then it stops.

Clutch is not slipping. In fact, I just paid a fortune to have the clutch removed and inspected and then reassembled when no problems were found. Noise remains present and is driving me nuts.

The buzz could maybe be electrical or mechanical I can't distinguish. Leaning towards electrical. Have disconnected EGR but noise remains. Have spent hours with someone in the car and me outside and I cannot localize it. Very frustrating.

Help would be very appreciated. Anyone?

·
Registered
596 Posts
The sound will probably not be from the belt itself, but a pulley.

I would suspect aux first, timing next. You can remove the aux belt for a while and see if the problem vanishes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had it into the garage to have the rear brakes changed. From my description the mechanic also thinks it is belt related. Of course, it's been making the noise every day except for today. Couldn't replicate.

Drove home after the service. Turned off the car for about 10 mins and then left for more errands. Noise started immediately. Sigh. :nono:

Will try again at the winter tire change in a little over a month.

·
5,665 Posts
Have they checked exhaust/turbo heat shields these break around fixings and can create buzz/rattle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts