Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Going to see a 02 307 2.0hdi tomorrow it has 44,000 on the clock, anything I should look out for??

I wonder if it has a Dpf??

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bugger Not sure on that, but I'd bet my granny that it has. (she's dead BTW)

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
theres normally a massive intercooler pipe over the front of the engine on a 110bhp

make sure the cam belts been done. check its been serviced regular.

if its a 110 does it have any fault codes has the eolys fluid been topped up

other then that its normal stuff really

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep its a 110, full Peugeot service history, cambelt done at 37k, has sport kit so has part leather, alloys and cruise, at 44k how long before the eolys runs out?

C

·
0 Posts
Should be a while before additive needs topping up. Plus it ain't that difficult to do and not too expensive either.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys, I bought the car, the guy has even had the Eolys topped up at the last service done in october so along with 10 months t and t I don't have to spend anything for ages:thumb:

·
11,711 Posts
If its been cared for you should be OK. My first two 307s were one owner from new, with regular Peugeot services, and I had very little problems with them over 40,000 and 15,000 miles respectively - ABS sensor clean, heater coil pack fix, replacement MAF and new engine mounts - all common faults which are well documented on here and cheap and easy to fix yourself!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Gibbo
Engine mounts? you'd think that nice smooth DMF would sort that out:p.

I've just totted up all the invoices the first owner had spent on the car and it totals £4,293 from new till 21/10 2011 he then sold it to the guy I bought it from on the 28/3/2012, who serviced it once more.

The last invoice from the first owner has a note saying please note clutch judder and flywheel very noisy, yet there is no invoice to say its been done and I cannot notice any noise or judder??:confused:

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
sounds like whoever owned it wasnt scared to spend some cash and knew what they were doing

a 10 year old car doesnt stay immaculate from being abused all its life

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there a receipt for a clutch? If so it may have been badly installed and fixed FOC and without a receipt from the garage.
No receipt Gibbo and this guy has been pretty meticulous about keeping all records, but being on the last invoice I wonder if he decided it was time to bail out and chopped it in for a new car, because I'm pretty sure the second owner said he bought it from a dealer, so I suppose it could have been done before they sold it on, especially if it was that bad, they would have a hard job selling it if it was juddering and noisy:) (he said hopefully:lol:)

I wonder if its worth a call to the Peugeot dealer he used to see if it was done???

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sounds like whoever owned it wasnt scared to spend some cash and knew what they were doing

a 10 year old car doesnt stay immaculate from being abused all its life
Hi monty
No it doesn't, and now its got me:yikes:, its going to get the shock of its life, about 400 miles a week coming right up :lol::thumb:

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
my old diesel burner has me. i think i treat my cars better then most things lol

the last owner neglected her but she must have been looked after before that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts