Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Was wondering if it would be possible to buy someone else's remote fob, replace the blade with one for my car then recode the key (the whole 10 secs in the ignition thing)?

Or is there something im missing and will end up breaking my car?

Thanks,

Brian.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
wont work, plenty of people have tried. You need a "virgin" key where it has never been coded to the car. you also need planet to code it to the immo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wont work, plenty of people have tried. You need a "virgin" key where it has never been coded to the car. you also need planet to code it to the immo
Well this sucks,

Looking like will have to but 180 euro new key then :S are there any other options that you know of ?

Thanks for the reply,

Brian.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
you could replace all the internals if its just the case you are after. such as the small chip board, blade and small black code chip.

other than that, no its dealer or timpsons for a clone key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could replace all the internals if its just the case you are after. such as the small chip board, blade and small black code chip.

other than that, no its dealer or timpsons for a clone key.
Cheers mate,

It was the internal components that I needed then just a case of buy a flip case get new key cut and adding that. Bought the car without the remote key and was just hoping there would be a cheaper option than 180E

Thanks,

Brian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts