Would be grateful for any advice before I go and take a look
What should I particularly be looking out for apart from the obvious
I have a Citroen van so I'm fairly familiar with French diesels
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
From what I've seen from the few 407's I've looked at when looking for a replacement used car plus the posts I've read on here, the Multifunction display is prone to faiding or dead pixels making it unreadable across at least some of the display area if not completely unreadable. If the display is totally dead then I would be suspicious. Ive come across a couple that have had the display disabled by either cutting can wires or unplugging the display to hide warning messages. If it has TPM there could be dodgly or missing sensors causing flat tyre messages. Those are the few that spring to mind

·
3,749 Posts
check the mot history...I like to see no advisorys/fails as that shows the previous owners serviced the car regularly and didn't just repair to get a pass..lower frip joints on the front suspension can get expensive if left too long..check all lights work...check all the electrical stuff..

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Front suspension, dodgy earths in the rear clusters, the monochrome mfd goes iffy, the early TPS are a bit cack.
Nothing major really!

DMF can go pop, but that's not a Peugeot only issue.

I've had two 407s and had no real world enders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts