Peugeot Forums banner

Buying oil for my 307

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  chopper1192 
#1 ·
I have a 307 1.4 hdi style. 5W40 is my recommended oil. I can get castrol 0w30 edge turbo diesel fully synthetic oil for alot cheaper than the 5w40 as my local store is doing a clearance.

Im just wondering whats the difference between castrol 5w40 and 0w30. Should I buy the 0w30 more importantly???

#7 ·
0W30 is ideal for turbo-ed cars because it gets round the engine faster as its so thing and full synthetic ( better to use synthetic as your car is designed to run on it ) £20 5 litre for 5W40/10W40 is average,

0W30 is more for the power nuts and very good for the turbo and if your in that category you need to double your oil&filter change times like every 5K "not" 20K for the normal drivers.

G
#8 ·
Use the 5w 40 - these thin grades are funny things to pump and even a slight change at this level can cause unexpected oil pressure issues. 5w 40 is very widesperead and easy to obtain (I've just refreshed the 5w 40 in my 407), so I can't see any sensible reason for not wanting to use it i that's what pug recommend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.