Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone can offer me some advice here.

Just spoke to two local Pug dealers trying to get some additive and they both told me two completely different things.

First one told me they cant sell the stuff to me as it needs to be carried out by them £230 for complete job.

Second one said they would have to look under the car to see what connectors the Eolys fluid tank has, as that will determine what fluid it needs? Fluid cost for 3L was £140 regardless of what it needed..

Not one of them asked me for the VIN number to check the system..

Feel like a right plonker. Thought I was just going to be able to phone up and buy the stuff!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks @davidireland

That's what I thought. With the Patfluid, do I need to completely empty out the contents of what is left inside the tank first?

We sell it over the counter to anyone who wants it no problem. Go to another dealer.

Google, JLM Pat fluid. Its the same stuff. You can buy that over the internet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You can buy it elsewhere too, but will need access to PP/Diagbox to reset the counters.
Cool thanks. Gibbo is a few miles from my place so hopefully he can sort the reset for me :)

No. Just top it up. Its miscible with the original.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Okay great, thanks. I will still need the bottles and top up pipes to connect to the tank to do the top-up. Are they sold separately?

e2a: Just rang motor factors here and they sell the patfluid and filling kit -

Thanks again..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got 5L of the pat fluid and the kit.

Managed to get 3L topped up with no problems. Didn't even need to jack the car up - Easy peasy :)

Just waiting on Gibbo now for the reset..

thanks again chaps..

Ps: I have 1.5L Spare of the PatFluid if anyone on the Wirral is in need of some..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts