Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Gonna pass my 1.4 hdi 52 plate 307 to my g friend for our daughter to take to school and now i might get another? Its a 06 plate 1.6 hdi 5dr with alloys and few mod cons and want £5600 for it. Its from a peugeot garage with 42,000 on clock and 1 owner with fsh.looks a great well looked after car which will come with a year warrenty also. Just wondering if this sounds k for the price esp from main dealer and i will also attempt to knock the price down to.:thumb:

Cheers

D

·
0 Posts
Make sure its a 1.6hdi, 90bhp non FAP or stick with the 1.4. Its a way better engine.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will contact the garage 2moz and ask.thought a newer 307 1.6 hdi most problem be ironed out compared to my older one.so you suggest stay away if it is then yeah.cant seem to find a 1.4hdi newer car about there days.

D

·
0 Posts
You'll know if it is a 90bhp if the chassis number has 9HY in it. The 110bhp has 9HZ as the engine code.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
this is wot peugeot said

The car is still here it is a 110bhp with a FAP filter and a Dual Mass Flywheel. I hope this will help you out.

well guys wot you think.year warrenty and normally will keep it for just over 3 years and the one i already got is only 0n 80,000 and bought it on 43,000 just over 3 years ago.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I think that you should not buy this car. You seem to have got away with the previous pug, but put any mileage on it (70k ish), then you are heading for a load of hassle. Just look on here for a start.

90bhp does not guarantee a solid flywheel - my 90bhp has a dmf.

Go for a vauxhall - an astra or similar - you'll not end up stuck on the motorway.

I have a very low opinion of peugeots - only owned 1 and will only ever own 1. As soon as this one plays up again - its gone.

Now the MG ZT 135bhp - thats a very nice diesel - cheap to run and insure and has the classic jag lines - beautiful piece of engineering.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
A little observation for you all to take on board, when you`re finished reading this type in any make of car you fancy and go to that forum and just take a look to see how many on those forums are saying what a great car they have or what a piece of shit it is because it keeps breaking down ,
forums are for people who are having problems with their car, not to say its great and they love them ,
check out your local taxi rank and come back here with your results ,we use them as a tool of our trade so we buy what runs cheap fixes cheap and lasts (maybe not all 3)
i await your results and no fibbing please.;)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
True - forums are for discussing problems etc.

I've driven all the main manufacturers cars - British Leyland, Ford, Vaux etc.

From my experience, the 307 is without doubt the most unreliable car I have ever owned.

Whether that's just bad luck on my behalf, who knows, but there's no way based upon my experience that I would recommend anyone buys a peugeot.

Taxi's? Primarily Jap cars from what I've seen.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Yours was/is unreliable i sold a 307 with 250k on clock and have another with 150k and have bought a 407 ,how can we say whats the best car when we`re all driving 5/6 year old cars that are all now so complex by the time the companys see the problems coming back to them they release a new model , my best car was an old cortina that had the windows jammed up with a wooden peg ,heater didn`t work and would be lucky to see an oil change in its lifetime.

taxi ranks here have 406`s 407`s and toyota avensis , there was a load of skodas but they`ve died away.

S

·
0 Posts
205 -8 months (first car!)

306 - 6 years

307 - coming up on 2 years

All 3 great cars, nothing majorly wrong with them apart from general maintainance, the odd hiccup that was fixed cheap and within a day!

I do however think i've just been lucky enough to have escaped the lemons, as they say 2 identical cars can come off the same line right behind each other, one could be a pearl and the other could be a complete nightmare!!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
haha heres mine, joined the a ford forum as i own a ford focus 1.8 TDCI 2006. i have had a look on that and the main faults are:

radio codes
what the car should come standard with (quite confusing i do say)
The heated screen and mirror elements
the dual mass flywheel (when it eventually goes)
the additive and filter (as it shares the engine with PSA apparently)
and some stupid electrical faults, such as the alarm randomly going off. (i blame the PSA engine :p :lol:)

but yeah my mates dad drives a taxi and he swears on his VW Transporter.

i do say tho my late 307 was brilliant, the only problems that stick to mind was the notorious ABS sensor fault and when the clutch went...but other than that a gem.

when i wrote the 307 i was looking at an vauxhall astra or a ford focus because i beleive they are nice cars in there own right, kinda cheap to insure and a reportedly better reliablity but the biggest decision maker for me was insurance and MPG.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well starting to be put off a newer 307 1.6hdi 110 bhp,so now looking at a focus 2007 1.6 tdi? seems what i can search about it,it seems a sound car with no major problems. not sure when cam belt gotta be changed because car done 53,000 miles?gonna test drive the 307 and the focus i think and go from there? Thanks for all the help guys and hope i can get a sound car before xmas??:confused:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i can say from personal experiance the ford focus has been very reliable, for me anyways.... what model focus are you looking at zetec, ghia, titanium?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Positive feedback so far.its 1.6 tdi sport but all I knw so far.mileage is 55000 compared to 42000 for the 307 and price around same.like the focus so need to look at both and go from there I guess.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts