Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hell guys,

This is my first post, I am looking to buy a bipper van 1.4 HDI (or nemo same engine I believe) what are the things I should be looking out for, are there any problems/Reliability issues with them in your experiences.
Some I have looked at have quite a few miles on them, when I have enquired about cam belt change history they inform me it is not needed intervals are 160.000 for this van this seems way to excessive is this true.
Any ideas what a cam belt change would cost? I would be nervous to go that long without changing it. Thanks for your anticipated replies
Neil

·
11,817 Posts
Cambelt change is not just the mileage but the age. Belts deteriorate over time. I'm guessing that they're assuming it will do 160,000 miles in ten years, what with it being a van.

·
11,817 Posts
I did 120,000 miles in a couple of years in my from-new Berlingo van, never thought about changing the belt as it was under warranty and serviced at the usual intervals.

I think if you know the previous owner and how they drove it that's a big help. Same if the previous owner was a self employed businessman, they'd probably care for their asset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for your replies. Anybody had any dealings or had a 1.4hdi bipper?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts