Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I've seen a Peugeot 207 'Allure' for sale at my local garage and I'm quite tempted by it. Haven't had a proper look yet though and I'm just wondering if there are any 'typical' problems I should look out for? e.g. leaks, cold starting issues, general reliability, bodywork problems etc. This would be my first Peugeot so I'm not familiar with the brand really.

Model is a 2012 'Allure' 1.6 petrol with about 55k miles on the clock. Priced at £3400 if that seems reasonable.

Cheers!
Tom

·
12,095 Posts
The main problems we see on here for the 207 is water ingress to the wiring loom / ECU, and the rear light cluster wiring burning out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
On the later ones there was an issue with steering rack failures (owners were having them replaced FOC but sometimes only after a bit of a struggle). You could ask if there's any record of it being replaced in the last 6 years.

I thought cam chain issues and fuse box water ingress had been knocked on the head post-facelift (e.g. post 2010). Have to admit that's a good price for an Allure with 55K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts