Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all, I'm going to look at a Peugeot 308 Sport HDI tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's the 90 or bigger one!

Anyway, is there anything I need to look out for when taking it for a spin? It's got 58,000 on the clock and is a 2009 model. When does the timing belt need changed?

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers...

C

·
0 Posts
The clutch, DMF and DPF (if its a 110) are liable to last 80-110k miles, depending on how its been previously driven and cared for.

To replace that lot wen it inevitably goes South is I'm excess of £2500, which will wipe out any saving made on the lower fuel consumption many, many times over. This is true of pretty much any modern diseasel these days.

Either buy a new or lower mileage one that someone hasn't already had the best out of, or go for a petrol model.

C

·
0 Posts
It's also got no character, but if smiling while driving isn't for you then Davie's advice is spot on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the help gents. I went to buy it before seeing these messages, and now I'm happier! I got to the dealer and it had been sold about 20 mins before I arrived. I was well annoyed but after reading your comments I think I was probably lucky :D

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts