Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if you're bored with the subject, but not all of us have done this yet.

I have checked prices on Ebay which seem to range from around £12 to £40 for a new cruise control stalk with speed limiter.

I submitted a request via an online UK breakers 'hub' that should in theory deliver me competitive/sensible offers from UK dismantlers, me thinking that whilst my car is a 2013 308sw 1.6eHDI, hundreds of thousands of Peugeot's and Citroen's use the same stalk and have ended up junked - so probably as cheap for a used one if not cheaper than a new one from China..., and definitely quicker!

So imagine my uttered expletive when I received an email from a uk breaker offering me a used stalk at a 'bargain' £170...+ £28 vat....., just delivered..., not delivered on a silver platter and installed and configured next day!!!! :rolleyes::oops:

So, kind of curious re those who've gone down the retrofit route, did you buy breaker used, dealer new or ebay new/used?

Appreciate your advice with thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got an eBay aftermarket one (my car 207) Been absolutely fine except I can’t have the limiter part as my car doesn’t have correct accelerator setup.

Think it cost me £18 or so. End of day it’s just a switch so I didn’t see point of getting OEM one.

I’ll be ordering just the cruise stalk as it bugs me having the limited there and can’t use it and can’t be bothered messing with pedal swapping

Just get a cheapy - they work fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've ordered one from ebay (with limiter as I appear to have correct pedal..) & to be honest for the minuscule difference in price I thought what the hell.
Just awaiting its arrival :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I purchased a cheap switch with 6 pins, not 8.
Fitted it today, 20th May 2020 and programmed my 308 registered in 2009.
It worked like a dream.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The funny thing was, I thought the top and bottom of the switch could / would increase the speed but the parts that looked like switches were just one solid moulding.
When my display said 'cruise impossible' at 25 mph, I get very sad. lol.
Then on another road, I felt there were 2 soft switches on the back of the switch, not visible from driving position.
I pulled one of the switches towards me, immediately the 'set speed' which had showed _ _ _ flashed up with my current speed.
I was then able to adjust it up and down.
From memory, my car manual showed 2 large rounded switches, one on the top and one on the bottom.
2 years I have waited, my local Peugeot agent told me, last year, it was not possible to retro fit it.
I am so happy right now lol.
Now I am checking the 'fold in mirror' option.

PS, I drove from South Yorkshire to Paris earlier this year, 960 mile round trip.
How I longed for cruise control !
2 after market systems cost £188 for parts and then something like £500 for another agent to fit theirs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The funny thing was, I thought the top and bottom of the switch could / would increase the speed but the parts that looked like switches were just one solid moulding.
When my display said 'cruise impossible' at 25 mph, I get very sad. lol.
Then on another road, I felt there were 2 soft switches on the back of the switch, not visible from driving position.
I pulled one of the switches towards me, immediately the 'set speed' which had showed _ _ _ flashed up with my current speed.
I was then able to adjust it up and down.
From memory, my car manual showed 2 large rounded switches, one on the top and one on the bottom.
2 years I have waited, my local Peugeot agent told me, last year, it was not possible to retro fit it.
I am so happy right now lol.
Now I am checking the 'fold in mirror' option.

PS, I drove from South Yorkshire to Paris earlier this year, 960 mile round trip.
How I longed for cruise control !
2 after market systems cost £188 for parts and then something like £500 for another agent to fit theirs.
How did you activate it after you fitted the actual stalk?
Presume you have software & OBDII cable connectors?

From what I've read on other posts, the cruise won't activate below (I think..) 40mph in 4th/5th

I've done similar journeys without cruise (not in a Pug) & agree it drives you mad.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Torque69,
Whilst waiting for an answer from someone to program my car, 30 minutes away, I found it quicker to format a laptop, install windows 7 32 bit then purchase the Lexia / Diagbox and program the car myself.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Torque69,
Whilst waiting for an answer from someone to program my car, 30 minutes away, I found it quicker to format a laptop, install windows 7 32 bit then purchase the Lexia / Diagbox and program the car myself.
Thats very cool John. Where did you get the software etc from & the knowledge of how to do it you had already, or found on here?
I'm a bit nervous to mess around with my system as I don't want any sods law episodes!!
I dont have the kit anyway & was hoping to find someone local to me who could do the integration.

I'm happy mechanically with most things but have never done anything myself directly with car software..🤪😊

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Torque69,
I forgot to answer an earlier question.
The handbook quotes the cruise will work at 25 mph and above. (it does)
I purchased my kit and software from a UK guy on ebay, it's more than double the China price but I didn't want to wait and He answered my questions about programming features.
I paid £114 minus a small drop since he accepted an offer, I went to 'Stalybridge' and picked it up.
But, there are other sellers offering the same kit with later software, I have v7.62, I have seen others at v7.83 or something similar.
I was told the later software doesn't do anything extra, obviously there must be some advantage.
What I'm confused about is the following, maybe someone can help.
The software installs as Peugeot Planet 2000, PP2000 and 'Diagbox'
I believe if one has a Citroen, it opens Lexia.
My PP2000 did not open, I asked why...
I was told to use Diagbox only.
It reads every single control unit and can re-program them too.
It programmed my cruise control so for me it has paid for itself.
This forum is meant to put you in touch with PP2000 owners; I asked a member about programming my car for cruise control and have not had a reply yet hence the purchase.
Peugeot, local agent, charged me £50 twice for 2 visits for diagnosis.
I can now do everything they couldn't or wouldn't do. (retro fit cruise control)
use the home button above, find a member near you and ask the question about programming.
I did work for Iveco Ford for 23 years as an electrician up to 2008 so understand the systems.
I also watched YouTube videos to familiarise myself with Peugeot.
Where in the country are you?

·
11,992 Posts
Thats very cool John. Where did you get the software etc from & the knowledge of how to do it you had already, or found on here?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Basically Lexia is older Citroen & Planet is older Peugeot.

Diagbox is basically these 2 diagnostic programs under one umbrella & updated to cover newer vehicles.

Just use what works / supports your vehicle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Basically Lexia is older Citroen & Planet is older Peugeot.

Diagbox is basically these 2 diagnostic programs under one umbrella & updated to cover newer vehicles.

Just use what works / supports your vehicle.
Thank you for the clarification.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Torque69,
I forgot to answer an earlier question.
The handbook quotes the cruise will work at 25 mph and above. (it does)
I purchased my kit and software from a UK guy on ebay, it's more than double the China price but I didn't want to wait and He answered my questions about programming features.
I paid £114 minus a small drop since he accepted an offer, I went to 'Stalybridge' and picked it up.
But, there are other sellers offering the same kit with later software, I have v7.62, I have seen others at v7.83 or something similar.
I was told the later software doesn't do anything extra, obviously there must be some advantage.
What I'm confused about is the following, maybe someone can help.
The software installs as Peugeot Planet 2000, PP2000 and 'Diagbox'
I believe if one has a Citroen, it opens Lexia.
My PP2000 did not open, I asked why...
I was told to use Diagbox only.
It reads every single control unit and can re-program them too.
It programmed my cruise control so for me it has paid for itself.
This forum is meant to put you in touch with PP2000 owners; I asked a member about programming my car for cruise control and have not had a reply yet hence the purchase.
Peugeot, local agent, charged me £50 twice for 2 visits for diagnosis.
I can now do everything they couldn't or wouldn't do. (retro fit cruise control)
use the home button above, find a member near you and ask the question about programming.
I did work for Iveco Ford for 23 years as an electrician up to 2008 so understand the systems.
I also watched YouTube videos to familiarise myself with Peugeot.
Where in the country are you?
Thats most interesting John, and helpful. Thank you.
I'm in the Midlands, not far from Worcester.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Extra info about Diagbox
Whilst playing around with my cruise control, I noticed I could adjust the point at which the 'low fuel' light comes on.
My older 307, registered in 2001 and driven 230'000 miles, always showed me a fuel light at 69 miles when driving around town or up at 89 on long drives.
This 308 fuel light has always come on at 109 miles.
In the BSI, Basic Systems Interface, that figure is 7 litres of fuel.
One can adjust it to 5 litres or 8 litres and more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts