Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another thread about replacing the bsi etc to correct incorrect milage but have another question for you wise folks,

Is replacing a bsi unit just a simple unplug /plug in situation
Like for like

Situation is we own a fully working 307sw 2003 1.6petrol
Another 2003 307sw 1.6 petrol is for sale CHEAP because apparently the bsi is dead

Can I just unplug my bsi, bring my transponder and plug it into theirs, replace their transponder in their key with mine and drive home?

I know milage transfers so the new car will have my milage with the bsi but does anything else need to be done to drive home?

·
Registered
14,634 Posts
NO you need to swap the BSI and engine ecu and use the key that matches it to do a swap all 3 things need to match for the car to start

It would take about 1 hour to swap everything

Oh and NEVER believe anything when it comes to electronic issues most garages missdiagnose these things could be a fuse could be simply key needing recoded could be wiring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the chinese copy of pp2000 but as of yet haven't been able to get it working but also have am the autocom with ds150e and seens to work perfect with my 307 so I think I might just ask to come have a look and put diagnostic onto it and decide weather to take it or not. It's only a 400euro car but already have 5 Peugeot for breaking so don't want another want one for repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts