Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen one of the last ones for sale and it's mighty tempting.

What are they like to own?

Chopper

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - 4 months in and it's proving to be fast for a car of its type, grunty and flexible, consistently returns low 40s MPG, handles well and is supremely spacious and comfortable. Cthe 4WD system is simple but well executed and you really can feel it dig in when driving in poor conditions.

Downsides - the ride is only just on the acceptable side of firm, it feels flimsy inside, it sounds rough and the genuine polystyrene(!) Mitsubishi sound proofing under the carpet is a nasty and ineffective joke, the cruise works well but is jerky when engaging/releasing and it's uglier that Jade Goody in a bikini.

Summary - very capable and worthy, just lacking the final polish needed to turn it from a good car into a great one. 7.5/10. We're happy.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, we like it a lot. It's just a little frustrating as it would've taken so little effort to make it a work of genius.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1st service been and gone. No problems at all. Engine loosening up nicely and it's now giving some mighty mid range stomp - hardly surprising as its got more torque to weight than an X5 3.0D, and that was before the remap...

Fuel consumption hovering around the 40 mark. I get it around the high 30's, but Woman - who drives it most of the time - never fails to better 42 average to a tank.

Front tyres down to about 6mm, no measurable wear on the rears. It really is quite kind to its tyres.

Bland interior is still pithing me off, but can't grumble about the kit levels. Will be soon investing in an integrated DAB module so I can get my Planet Rock fix.

I must admit to being quite looking forward to a nasty wet and snowy winter ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 4007 seems to be a good machine as above. Problems are few and far between. Had one on the other day for a particle filter additive refill at 216k kms. No other problems other than that, which is a serviceable item

I can't help but say the Citroen C-Crosser is the nicer looking out of all three ie Outlander and 4007.
Citroen have put nicer exterior kit on which it needs.

The outlander is worst of all, with its nasty VW tdi engine which is massively underpowered. Although Mitsubishi has its own MIVEC diesel in them now. It can't compare to be being the same vehicle as the Peugeot/Citroen versions.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After much cussing, swearing and hitting things with a hammer, I've fitted a Yaesu 2M amateur radio transceiver concealed in the centre console.

As a general observation, while this car has all the style of Dwayne Dibley I am loving it more and more as time goes by. Easily the most underrated pug of this century.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
20k miles now gone since February. Just serviced it, and bled the brakes as they were ok but not exactly anchors.

Felt the same to me but Woman who drives it most reports that it feełs livelier and the brakes much better.

Next stop - 40k miles, and praying for sone snow in the meantime ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aux Socket

I am wondering where i can find the Aux Socket or what i have to do to get one as i can't play the music via my iphone and the built in bluetooth any help?:)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's only on the GT. rear of centre console, I think.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scuttle panel snorkel fitted, Raises the intake, yet is invisible with the bonnet down. Standard wading depth is 62cm, and I dont think this'll give it a lot more but it gives me the reassurance that the engine isn't about to ingest the bow-wave when fording.

Generally speaking i'm still hugely impressed with the 4007. Tough, reliable, comfy, just such an indomitable character. Brilliant family car that shrugs off poor weather and conditions that would've had my old 3008 wobbling for the hedgerow. Only hint of trouble is a slight brake judder coming on, so it may need new discs (and pads, natch) before long. Looking at parts prices and they're so cheap compared to stuff for the 3008, so if it gets much worse I'll have no qualms about simply replacing the lot.

Now, if only it were just a bit better looking ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
If the ass was the same as on a 407 SW, just in a larger size ratio course, it was the perfect exterior.
I give you is a little bit poor made ​​inside.
The engine can not complain about it.
If peugeot would take to update it so that it would be perfect if it had the same appearance as the 407 SW in a scaled-up ratio, external and internal PERFECT

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And it's been predictably superb in the snow today.

·
5,040 Posts
Chopper's been praying for snow since he bought this 4007 :nod:
how much snow did you get then ??

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A mighty 5 inches! Enough to send a neighbours van into another neighbours parked car, and for a SEAT to head into a ditch just outside the village.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5 inches wow we had 1 -2 mm beat that! oh and it was washed away in the rain that followed :nono::nono:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I farted out doors this morning and 2 hours later the snow has all but vanished. But still feeling smug about how well the 4007 sailed uphill past a row of stranded traffic on one of the rural roads into the village. Chug chug chug just off the boost, and up it went. Unlike the Transit that tried to be clever as follow me and slithered to a halt about 1/3 of the way up, leaving both sides blocked.

I'm so impressed I've taken to describing 2wd cars as 'normies'.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hurtling towards 30k miles now. New brakes tomorrow. I could probably 're-use the front discs butchered a hint of judder where they've worn close to min thickness, and I can't see the point in letting nacked discs munch New pads away double quick time.

EGR blanks off today. No wally lights... yet! We'll see how this goes.

It's proven to be quick, spacious, luxurious, reasonably economical, utterly reliable and completely unstoppable by anything the UK weather can throw at it from floods to snow. Best kept Pug secret of modern times.

If you're after a big pug then forget the 407 and 607 and get one of these beasts.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I concur. C-crosser nicer looking though! :D

Sent from my GT-S5690

1 - 20 of 46 Posts