·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying a 307 to replace my current car. My questions are:-

1) Are they reliable?
2) Do they cost much to run?
3) Are services etc extortionate prices?!
4) Petrol or Diesel

my main concern is its reliable as my audi at the mo is rubbish with a capital R!!

Thank you

Linzlad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have been driving 307 1.6l patrol manual for the pass 4 years and has clock more the 145,000 KM since new, with regular and on time maintainances, apart from the wear and tear parts (timing belt on 80,000KM, breaks pads on 100,000km, clucth kits just this month) i might say it is a really reliable car. I have not driven a diesel before so i can't commend on that, but i can achive 7 to 7.8 Liter of petrol for every 100KM (98 octane). Hope this will help you decide one. Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As an owner of a 206 XRS, in Sydney Australia, having learn't the hard way of taking my car to Peugeot Parramatta for it's services, comes to about $AUD 1, 300 for a basic service.

If you do take it to Peugot, do not buy into the genuine Peugeot parts story, take your own cheaper high perfomance parts for them to fit. eg;

NHGK spark plugs, high performance air filter (like the ones Subaru use), a very good synthetic oil, an alloy fuel filter (as opposed to the platic one Peugeot fitted with the car).

When you pick your car up, go over the list of changes they provide you, and go over every single detail with them present to make sure the did what they listed. e.g.

Peugeot: We had to replace the rear brakes. (Itemised on their list)
Reality: The rear brakes were not touched by them. (The brakes were the original ones that came with the car)

Also keep in mind Audi is a much better car than Peugeot. Consider a Japanese car, once again their cars are on top of the global car survey, I think Peugeot came in at second last.

Pu-Got
- I intended to purchase a car, and that's what I Got.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To buy or not to buy a 307?

I bought a 307 1.6 Rapier new in 2003. I changed it for a 207 in 2007. While the 207 is a lovely car (at least mine is!) I miss the 307. It was quiet, smooth, perhaps not as spacious as you would think from the outside but big enough for 5 adults in reasonable comfort. I test drove a deisel before I bought my petrol 1.6 (2.0 HDI) and the performance was about the same but the deisel was noisier and a bit rougher, not much, but enough to convince me the petrol was the better buy. I covered 67000 miles in 4 years and never had a problem. The only items I had to buy were a set of front tyres and a couple of brake light bulbs! When I part exchanged it I got almost half the original price. Overall, based on my experience of the 307, I would highly recommend it.

As for Peugeot dealers, well I can't speak for them all, but my dealer is fine. Get to know them, be assertive when you have to but don't let a bad experience taint the whole brand. As for Audi being a better car than a Peugeot, well I've never had one but my mate has and it was a dog! But I have had a BMW (3 Series and 5 Series) and their reputation is much higher than Audi's. But do you know what? I preferred my 307! Go and buy one or better, if you can afford it. buy a 308!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts