Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a 2005 307 1.6 diesel with only 82k on it for just under £1500. It's in great condition and drives well. It has an engine fault light but they said it's just a CO2 sensor needs replacing. I'm going back to read all the fault codes just to make sure.

Is there anything in particular I should look out for on them that would make the difference between getting a bargain and buying a lemon?

Max

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Look out for cars with faults!. If they told you it had a CO2 sensor fault they didn't know what they were talking about. Maybe they told you it was an O2 sensor and this was mistranslated in your post.
But if it simply needed a new sensor why hasn't one been fitted?. It would increase the value of the car over the cost of the new sensor.

Buying a car knowing it has a blown engine or needs a new gearbox because it's going cheap as the owner can't afford to fix it is one thing, however this sounds decidedly dodgy to me.

Roger.

·
11,725 Posts
Been asked before, please do a search.

Search Results for buying 307

But I agree with Roger. What kind of shoddy garage sells a car with a "known" fault (although I highly suspect their diagnostic) which is such a simple fix. Do a Planet Diagnostic and read the BSI faults log. That will tell you if there are any faults which the garage may have already tried to clear.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. They said CO2 not O2, but that probably got mistranslated by the salesman from the mechanic. Their excuse was that it was a PX car and it was on cheap for condition anyway so wasn't worth their time fixing it. Or the whole thing was an elaborate excuse to sell a car with a dodgy engine :)

I'm going back with a ODB reader tonight and if I decide to go further I'll contact one of the guys with a peugeot planet reader and get a full report.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts