Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking this weekend to buy a 307 HDi 136, it's an 04 plate, 51,000, 5 door, grey. The car is priced at 3,899gbp. Due to funds and complete lack of transportation, this is perfect, very smart, FSH etc, no scuffs to the leather trim.

The one concern I have, is the flood of people I hear talking about the common faults, being very unreliable, is this really true? Or is it just a handful that stand out from the other very satisfied drivers?

There is obviously alot of popularity for the 307, it can't all be bad, can it? Would really appreciate any feedback, as I'm becoming quite hesitant about my purchase!

Does anyone else have this model? Would love to hear of the good storys! ; )

Rob

·
11,731 Posts
I had a 307 that I did 50,000 miles in, in about 18 months. Over that time I needed to replace only very minor things like the temperature gauge sender unit (about £11), a couple of those engine cover clips, new MAF unit (£35) and fix the heater coil pack.

This site made sure that the faults were identified very easily and fixed by myself very cheaply/

My only concern is that you're paying too much. I've seen a few 05 307s recently (am getting one as a second car) and the ones for over £3000 have been for sale for ages and are not shifting.

I've picked up an 05 HDI 90, one owner from new, FSH, 80,000 miles and immaculate for £2400, but a quick Autotrader search shows plenty with under 50,000 miles on for around £3000:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201130406792405/sort/priceasc/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/model/307/make/peugeot/page/1/postcode/ch657aq/radius/100?logcode=p

I can't speak for the 136bhp model but I'm deliberately buying a 90bhp to avoid the DPF (although a pre-facelift model might not have it across the range) and dual mass flywheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts