Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My girlfriend is thinking of buying a 206CC. However, we've heard of all the electrical problems that Peugeots are notorious for and this has obviously got us worried.

How common are these problems? Is it something that she should be concerned about when shopping for a 206CC? Is there anyway of inspecting the car that can tell you it has problems or not?

Any feedback or experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had my CC for almost 4 years now ........... and its performed very well and i have no complaints with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 1.6 auto 206CC brand new last October. Within 3 days, the headlights kept coming on on their when the car was off, which of course led to dead battery. I took the car back to the dealer who then repaired the fault immdeiately foc(under the warranty) and have since had no problems with it at all and am very happy with it. It's a great little car. Go get yourself one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
blarg, never heard of that problem before, but good to hear that you never have had any problems since.

bby, if budget permits, ive been told look for the 2.0 cc. both the 1.6 and the 2.0 are bullet proof, but because the weight of the cc, the 1.6 seems asthmatic in comparison.

make sure all recalls have been complete.

dont expect honda quality fitment, as it still is not a french cars strong suit, but it is better than previous pugs.

as with all cc or convertibles, check carpets for dampness. cc's are notorious for roof leakage, specially after a downpour. so if youre testing be a dick and spill a bucket of water over the closed roof.

check the roof mechanism is in good working order as the components are pricey to replace.

also be carfeul of the rake-ish windscreen as it may pop your girlyfriends left eye out.:p youll know what i mean when u try and get in.

still, make enough compromises to have for such a looker of a car! and if its for your girlyfriend, itd be just perfect!

good luck! let us know how you go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
206cc

i'd get the 307cc sport it's a great car had no problems with it. it goes like a dog shot up the butt :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having driven the 1.6 cc I can honestly say that it is a tight and fun car. Sure it isnt a 180 like my Pug, but it handles well and drives well.

I am sure the 2.0 cc is a better car, but if I were buying I would go with the 1.6. You don't buy the cc to race...

·
Registered
8 Posts
teasley said:
if budget permits, ive been told look for the 2.0 cc. both the 1.6 and the 2.0 are bullet proof, but because the weight of the cc, the 1.6 seems asthmatic in comparison.
Why - cause basically the 1.6 is auto only and the 2.0 is manual, not sure if this is a factor for your GF bby.

·
Registered
19 Posts
505V6 said:
i'd get the 307cc sport it's a great car had no problems with it. it goes like a dog shot up the butt :)
Liked the way you described it. :D

The 307cc is a hip car. Probably you would like to say it's like a Lion shot up the butt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts