Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Tomorrow I'm going to view and hopefully buy a 307 2.0 SDI with 172k miles on the clock in it. The gentleman says it's well looked after and the MOT appears to be clean.

What are the red flags in this model, or what should I be aware of or look at before buying?

Many Thanks
Victor

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hello!

Tomorrow I'm going to view and hopefully buy a 307 2.0 SDI with 172k miles on the clock in it. The gentleman says it's well looked after and the MOT appears to be clean.

What are the red flags in this model, or what should I be aware of or look at before buying?

Many Thanks
Victor
It is a 16 year old car mate.
What you see is what you get.
But ask for timingbelt history.

·
9,521 Posts
I assume you mean HDI. If its the 90 BHP they are near bullet proof if regularly serviced, 110BHP and 136 BHP are a bit more fragile with DPF and dual mass flywheels being common issues as they get older.

Usual failings across the range are EGR, Injectors, Leaking HP pumps and Turbo failure if oil changes stretched or ignored

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it's HDI. Sorry for that. It is the 90 HP version, so that's reassuring. I'm going to look for general bad-diesel-engine signs. Hope there's none, and it's good to go for a while.
Thank you very much for your help!

·
13,124 Posts
My brother bought a 307 90bhp with 150,000 on the clock. It was serviced regularly and drove perfect right up to the day he sold it with over 250,000 on the clock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.