Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, newbie here.
I'd posted this with my other questions about diesels but thought i'd start a new thread so it reaches more folk!

I test drove a petrol XSi and noticed there were two blank buttons to the right of the hazard button on the dash. I think one of them is traction control,
What would the other one be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great image, thanks!

Yeh, the door locking switch and the alarm sensor one were to the left of the hazard switch. I think the diesel had a ESP off button to the right? (How come you can't switch this off in the petrol?).
I just wondered what the fourth button would have been. I'm a bit anal when it comes to things like that. :D Always wondering if there would have been a higher spec to mine!

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
its a very old thread but to settle your curiosity the 4th mystical button is a seatbelt warning switch, i beleive to switch off and back on the warning light on your controls, when it shows as your not wearing your seatbelt. or when something is placed on a seat that has weight sensors (like in volvos)

PSA Part number 6554NJ, just if you want to look it up

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Mine is a 2005 2.0 hdi 136 xsi. I have the seatbelt light... Does this mean the diesel is more likely to kill you??:lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey Gemma... i have a '02 307 xsi 2.0 petrol, seems pretty well loaded but i don't have the seatbelt light like Steve, so maybe the diesel version is way more dangerous to drive lol.....

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
its more than likely the same as the land rovers in the falklands islands...where mt say if you crash you will die... if you brake too hard the landrover will stop flip, burst into flames, a land mine will go off and of course you will die! damn these diesels they should come with a government warning of somekind...

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
cck2k9 said:
do you mean the light on the dash or the actual button, just wondering as mine has the light on dash, but no button
No it's not a button. Just a light in the bit that looks like a button. Combined with a really annoying de de dit, de de dum beeper thing if you don't put your belt on which gets louder and crosser until you cave in and put it on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts