Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a Peugeot 207 1.6 vti, year 2008. I'm sorry if my english isn't the best. So, i bought it on thursday and all was fine, next day, white-ish, blue-ish smoke starts pouring out of the exhaust after I made barely 100km with it. Then, engine management light comes on and so does the depollution system faulty message (the message probably came on because of the smoke). I take it to a nearby mechanic and he, without even looking at the engine, says it's the head gasket and i was unsure, so i took it to another mechanic. He's also not convinced that it's the head gasket, so he said he's gonna do a compression check. Today, i went back there and he said the head gasket is fine, the compression check was also good (so that means the piston rings are fine aswell?), and that there's no leaks. He said it's burning unusual amounts of oil in the catalytic converter, hence the smoke. He also said the car is going to be a money pit and it would be best to get rid of it. So what exactly is the problem in the car? Is it worth fixing? Please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try to do that. But I don't think the person I bought it from would be willing to take it back. So my only options are figuring out what it is and fixing it or selling it to another person.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts