Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I had some antifreeze in the ecu plug housing, cleaned it with electrical contacts cleaner spray, cleaned the female plug also, blow dried with cold air, also left it to dry out itself for an extra 24 hours without touching anything.
When I assembled everything, I started the car. It didn't start without gas pedal on, but when started so some kind of burning smell was felt inside the car and under the bonnet.

It's possible that it might be the remains of the electrical contacts cleaner somewhere on the engine, as when I was cleaning the female plug, so I might have sprayed some on somewhere in the engine bay. But, also, I have left it to dry out for a long time, so everything should have vaporise anyway.

I am just wondering if anybody else has any suggestions of why the burning smell is appearing, literally 5 seconds after its started.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, forgot to mention the car. It is 2008 Peugeot 207 1.4 8v petrol KFV engine. Done 88k on clock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it was not the smell of antifreeze. More like the burning plastic or rubber.

I have unplugged everything and plugged back in again and I tried starting it this morning and the smell was gone, what left me even more confused of what the hell happened and was there a potential to cause any future faults. Although I checked the ecu with a code reader and there was no new pending faults found. Will try to drive it for longer distance this evening and will see if the smell comes back or not, as the smell was really strong and got me scared hahaha

Thanks for reply though
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top