Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got bunch of faults related to additives and some other stuff. Its 2.0 HDI, 2004.

Faults are:

P1434 - Additive pump, bad grounding?
P1598 - Mag. valve, also bad grounding or no mass??
P0461 - Additive fuel signal??
P2408 - Additive cap signal?
P0069 - Fuel something something?
P1536 - Handbrake/brake switch failure

Thats the code that Bosch diag thingy gave me. Any ideas if that is correct, and where should i start? I have plenty of eolys fluid and i just started now getting the depolution and engine management light on. But it only appears when engine is cold (mind you its close to 5 degrees now here) and after drivign 2-3km and turning it on/off the engine management light doesnt come on anymore. HALP!! :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It almost sounds as if the ecu tried to do regen and inject some eolys and that failed?? Just a wild guess. Anyone else had this happen?

Also does anyone know where the fuel/additive ecu is located and part number? I couldnt find anything on servicebox.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any help would be greatly appreciated, its driving me nuts. Also i guess i need proper interpretation of those codes, as the bosch's description is pretty crap from what i've seen in the shop when they hooked it up. :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
So i got bunch of faults related to additives and some other stuff. Its 2.0 HDI, 2004.

Faults are:

P1434 - Additive pump, bad grounding?
P1598 - Mag. valve, also bad grounding or no mass??
P0461 - Additive fuel signal??
P2408 - Additive cap signal?
P0069 - Fuel something something?
P1536 - Handbrake/brake switch failure

Thats the code that Bosch diag thingy gave me. Any ideas if that is correct, and where should i start? I have plenty of eolys fluid and i just started now getting the depolution and engine management light on. But it only appears when engine is cold (mind you its close to 5 degrees now here) and after drivign 2-3km and turning it on/off the engine management light doesnt come on anymore. HALP!! :)
P1598 elektrovalve in thermostat housing short ground or positive
P0461 fuel level sensor wrong position
P2408 fuel cap signal
P0069 throthle presure sensor
P1536 brake switch failure

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks magma. :)

Next step, anyone knows what causes any of those. I took out brake switch and cleaned it and everything so hope that solves atleast one problem.

·
Registered
546 Posts
for fuel cap sensor need check cap there is 2 magnetic tablets shouldby 2 if not need replace cap if 2 under is sensor and wiring shoulby checked but in pp2000

sensor fuel level is under rear seat passenger side in your eu car need check wiring

electrovalve is in thermostat housing check wiring if dosent help need replace but this is not important

and trothle sensor shouldby done diagnostic with pp2000 because it is many problems turbo egr etc. but you can try clean first

first two is important for good working dpf filter need be do soon if possible

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi battlestar,
You really need peugeot planet to check out the following faults in parameter
measurments to confirm..:)
P2408 & P0461 seem to be related so you would need to check the fuel level in parameter measurements (planet)

P1598 below Sounds like air flaps on the engine air intake maybe faulty/vac problem/jammed.

P0069 again would need to be checked out in P-measurments.
check to see what the atmospheric pressure is at,it should be 1bar-ish.
check what the Boost pressure is reading compared to reference value.

P1536 would need to be checked in parmeter measurments in the bsi.

Ron.

Here are the correct description for the fault codes you have posted.
Taken from peugeot servicebox.

Fault code P1434
After sales description of the fault code Particle filter additive system : Excessive temperature or open circuit
Description of the diagnostics Circuit open for 1 second
Conditions of activation of the diagnostics On control of the particle emission filter additive pump
Battery voltage more than 7 V
No error on BUS internal to the engine management ECU
Conditions of disappearance of the fault Switching on of the ignition
Down-grade modes if fault present Deactivation of the particle emission filter additive pump
Stopping of the cumulative calculation of the quantity of additive to be injected
Switching on of the warning light and/or warning message -
Main customer complaints likely -
Suspect areas Additive pump

P1598 Cooling circuit by-pass electrovalve

Fault code P0461
After sales description of the fault code Fuel level : Information received from the BSI on the invalid CAN
Description of the diagnostics Information received from the BSI on the CAN network is invalid ; For at least 10 seconds
Conditions of activation of the diagnostics Consult the associated contexts for the Pcode forwarding conditions
Conditions of disappearance of the fault Ignition on
Down-grade modes if fault present -
Switching on of the warning light and/or warning message Warning lamp MIL
Suspect areas Fuel gauge
Electrical harness
Wiring
BSI

Fault code P2408
After sales description of the fault code Additive system : Fuel tank cap sensor signal fault
Description of the diagnostics Fuel tank cap sensor signal fault (For 30 seconds)
Conditions of activation of the diagnostics Consult the associated contexts for the Pcode forwarding conditions
Conditions of disappearance of the fault Switching on of the ignition
Down-grade modes if fault present Deactivation of the forced regeneration of the particle emission filter
Suspect areas Fuel gauge
Electrical harness
Wiring
Built-in systems interface

Fault code P0069
After sales description of the fault code Turbocharger pressure signal : Coherence with the atmospheric pressure
Description of the diagnostics Difference greater than 200 mbar for 1 s between the information on the turbo pressure and atmospheric pressure
Conditions of activation of the diagnostics Speed below 5 km/h
Engine speed less than 1000 revs/min
Atmospheric pressure less than 650 mb
Outside air temperature below 50°C
No regeneration of the particle filter
Conditions of disappearance of the fault Idling for 2 s
Down-grade modes if fault present Deactivation of the speed limiter
Deactivation speed limiter until the next time the ignition is switched on
Deactivation of the cruise control
Deactivation cruise control until the next time the ignition is switched on
Cutting of the EGR valve
Fuel flow limitation
Deactivation of the regulation of the turbocharging : Change to controlled turbo mode
Switching on of the warning light and/or warning message Warning lamp MIL
Main customer complaints likely Noise
Smoke from the exhaust
Lack of power
Engine hesitating, cutting out
Starting problem
Suspect areas Atmospheric pressure sensor
Boost pressure sensor

Fault code P1536
After sales description of the fault code Brake switch signal : Incoherence of wire and CAN brake signals
Description of the diagnostics Incoherence for 1 ms in the brake signals by wire and CAN in relation to a certain deceleration
Conditions of disappearance of the fault Driving for 5 minutes with decelerations by means of long braking periods
Down-grade modes if fault present Deactivation cruise control until the next time the ignition is switched on
Main customer complaints likely
Jerking/stalling
Suspect areas Built-in systems interface
Brake pedal
Brake pedal sensor
Electrical harness
Wiring
Fuse

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
risky1, awesome, i couldnt hope to get a better description than that! Ill do as you mentioned and see what i get. Cheers!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where can i find both the atmospheric pressure sensor and the turbo pressure sensor? Peugeot Service box doesnt mention them anywhere, so im guessing they are under some other name?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI

I have problems with my peugeot 407 2.0 hdi it shows me these codes
p1598-cooling circuit bypass valve
p2408-additive system fuel filter cap present sensor fault-permanent
p0490-egr valve circuit valve position too distant to the reference a value-permanent
plss-help me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts