Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have picked up my car after a long time (1 year) in the garage getting fixed.

Now when I brake it sounds like something is catching and kind of springing in the left hand front brake... I can also feel the brake pedal bouncing up and down and only really stops if I brake quite hard?

Any ideas? Or is it a case of getting the brake pads off?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hey guys, I have picked up my car after a long time (1 year) in the garage getting fixed.

Now when I brake it sounds like something is catching and kind of springing in the left hand front brake... I can also feel the brake pedal bouncing up and down and only really stops if I brake quite hard?

Any ideas? Or is it a case of getting the brake pads off?
I think if it's been sat in a garage for a year you should have serviced the brakes before putting it back on the road....:thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Happens as it corrodes from standing... if discs have enough "meat" which is I think more than 12mm on self ventilated disks as on 307, you should take it to machinist for machining on lathe and get them into smooth condition (you can feel their condition by touching with finger thru rims)...
And definitely replace brake pads with new ones if you do anything with discs even if they seem to be OK... should get you going for another 60.000 miles easy...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts