Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I am thinking of getting my front bumper resprayed as it has a few marks and some very faint paint fracture lines where the bumper flexed about a year and a half ago. I hit a ditch at about 20 kph. The car is only 3 years old so I want the bumper to be back to the same quality as the rest of the car. Has anyone done this? Is their anything I should be wary of and how accurate can i expect the paint to match?

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you are getting the whole bumper done, then there should be no problems with the match.

As long as your paint is in decent condition and not faded, matching with the code should suffice.

If you need to, the colour can also be matched with a sample, usually the filler cap or other easily removable part.

A decent painter will know what to do.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks. I keep my car pristine I have a DA polisher and always have the car waxed and clean. So my paint is in good condition and I hope this will help in matching the paint. I am going to do the whole bumper as it does not cost much more to do than just a patch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If the paint is metallic, it is likely to be a base coat plus lacquer clear-coats. Also newer paints are water-based and also need a clear-coat top coat (or several).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts