Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys
I got a new grille for my coupe as mine had a crack in i and wanted to replace it ,i have a guide to remove the bumper but my q is how long should it take for a dealer or proffesional to remove and replace bumper(trying to calculate cost)

regards
john

J

·
0 Posts
Give them a ring on Tuesday - they should be able to tell you straight away on the phone, as all Peugeot jobs have pre-defined times in the computer :nod:

Someone with higher access to servicebox than I have got may be able to tell you sooner.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys it seems straight forward enough to remove except for the clips under the headlight as they are suppose to be a pain to get to

·
Registered
821 Posts
to get to them, you have to remove the mudguards, and get this special tool that looks like a small hook on a long rod, hook it up and pull while turning. its a bitch to do. :lol:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will try reach them myself but i have checked service box and it has a time frame of 2 and a half hourse to take it off and replace

J

·
0 Posts
So 2.5hrs to Peugeot would be anything between £150 and £200.
If it doesn't sound too bad a DIY job, for that money it would be worth a go :nod:

·
Registered
821 Posts
I saw my mechanic make one out of old droplink by welding a hook onto one end of it. As for DIY job, yeah its doable, i had mine taken off myself and put it back on with help from mechanic :)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Good tip Martin, saw on wheeler dealers a range rover with what looked like fuel pipes coming out of the fog lights, they were ventilation pipes to stop fogging.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can access fog lights without removing bumper but while I am fitting a new grille I bought 2 new fog lights on eBay for £35 .just thought I would change them while they are cheap

·
5,040 Posts
I will definitely give it a go, but wanted a quote if I fail to remove it
just use a ditch...............................oh wait :eek::eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts