Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

My rear right brake light had blown, and got the warning saying it had blown. Put a new bulb in. e

Then I got a warning that the front side lights failure warning. But the thing is they work. Confused.

I stopped at a petrol station and the warning had gone. Then when I got home I turned it back on and it came back, light still worked

anyone had this before??

J

·
0 Posts
I presume these 'self checks' must work off an open circuit/resistance test basis - a bulb not correctly fitted is likely to give the same fault as a blown bulb.
After not knowing mine had this, then had the warning once for a sidelight bulb, I can honestly say it is a good system - saves manually checking them all... as I used to :thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
This is a major problem in 407 rear tail lights. There is a modified bulb holder available to cure this problem. I know you sorted your problem but if anyone else has a bulb blown warning and all the bulbs are working then you need the modification.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, just looking at your post and hoped you might be able to help me. I have a 407 SW registered in 2006. When I break it tells me that the indicator(s) are faulty and when I indicate left it tells me that my nearside break light is out. It's driving me mad; I assumed that it was a loose connection but can't get the unit out yet. All lights are working.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bulb Failure Warning

The problem is caused by a suspect earth connection coming in on the main cable plug. The modified holder has an earth tag fitted. You need to run a wire from that tag to a main chassis earth point. There is an earth cable just below the fitting that goes to chassis. To make absolutely sure, solder the earth lead onto that cable.

To avoid buying a new modified bulb holder you can modify it yourself by colder an earth lead onto the main earth bus bar and connecting to same earth point.

It should solve this very annoying problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts