Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a new 3008, great car, great community!!

There is no official 3g/4g network support on our cars. But my car have built-in telematic unit with SOS buttons. I wonder if i can switch sim card with a local sim and get network connectivity on board.

TELEMATIC UNITINDEPENDENT TELEMATIC UNIT 3S

Do any one have service manual that shows the location of telematic unit ?

Best Regards

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Its a sealed electronic box plus its only designed to connect to Peugeot for breakdown / crash assistance & to pull traffic data for the Tom Tom live system.

If you want a wi fi hot spot for passengers to use then your gonna have to buy a suitable mifi unit instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure it is a digital sim card, and not an actual SIM.
Really 😟 sorry to hear that. Thank for the info.

Its a sealed electronic box plus its only designed to connect to Peugeot for breakdown / crash assistance & to pull traffic data for the Tom Tom live system.
If you want a wi fi hot spot for passengers to use then your gonna have to buy a suitable mifi unit instead.
That means the car's wifi is useless. 4g wifi dongle may be a solution.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
The wi fi is useful if your car doesn't have the telematic box fitted as you can tether your smart phones hot spot.

With a smart phone tethered infotainment unit can automatically retrieves the license file during firmware updates plus allows access to the Tom Tom live traffic services.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts