Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in following a 207cc gt 150bhp build? Can't find anyone that's done one yet or even better, illustrated the process in detail.ive currently got my turbo, exhaust and inlet manifold off the car and I've ordered new front mount intercooler from airtec. New gaskets and also a new boost control solenoid. All of which I had a struggle getting my head round at first so I feel it could help a lot of us newby and budding builders out there. My end goal will be 300bhp. If you guys are interested I'll start putting up info about it and piccies.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
know one lass here in Scotland that's got a 207cc GT and modified and mapped etc,

what turbo are you putting on the car?

airtec intercooler......... bad move in all honesty, large number of 207 owners in the UK have had them and had major major issues, including blown engines, boost loss, high temp spikes etc, they might be ok on other cars but on the 207 they are a nightmare!

300bhp is a nice round number, its what am sitting at on my gti, but taken a lot to get too and forged internals are a must to run it safely.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbo is stock ko3 for now. This with the intercooler, piping and induction will happily sit me at around 200bhp for a start. Regarding the airtec intercooler. I've ordered the revised version which is at least twice the size of the old one. So they must have recognised their design flaw and hopefully fixed it. Forged pistons, rods and valves and springs are on the next shopping list with a mini jcw exhaust manifold. Do you know which injectors will fit my car?? I'm assuming you updated yours?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Few pics of the story so far. Resprayed it to stand out just a touch 😂 and I've put a picture up of a 207 with the new airtec intercooler on. Turbo is now looking sweet and I put in a boost gauge..... because.... well..... that's just what we do 😎

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
standard injectors are good for 320bhp.

Yeh airtec have had loads of issues and have even done another version of the intercooler copied of what some people mainly in Greece have used, yet not got it on the website. The size of the intercooler doesn't always mean it's gonna be better!

We have data logged 207's in various parts of the UK with airtec intercoolers both v1 and v2 and they are shocking! One lad in Holland actually on dyno gets better results with the stock oem intercooler!!

Turbo wise the stock one will max out around 225 from the 150 version and the gti one around 240.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've looked online for any info regarding problems with airtec on peugeot and even searched this forum but found nothing... it's costing me 600 euro to import one here so now you've got me worried!! They carry a 3 yr guarantee so if it doesn't play ball I can send it back but here's hoping. Remap wise I was thinking quantum tuning as I can buy the obd2 adapter with a hand held pad so I can map and Dunlap it as necessary for inspections. If not those then etuners??

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
yeh these days unfortunately a lot of member forums are done for now, its all on social media like facebook, that will be why u aint seen anything about them on the forums like this.

tbh, they started out with version 1, then they changed it to v2, and now they have another one, that a mate of mine has had "developed" on his car cause he was having major power issues down to the intercooler (could give u names of 5 or 6 others who had the same issues and including blown engines due to detonation).

lets call this new one v3, what they have done is basically copied the design from other manufacturers intercoolers and stamped their logo on it! This v3 they heard that with modifications you can fit a Seat Sport intercooler that goes on an Seat Ibiza, and guess what, its the same shape and design as the Seat Sport one, but there is one massive difference, the core !! That's what cools the air, keeps the boost etc etc what an intercooler is supposed to do, unlike the v1 and v2 they have tried and failed with before.

They may be ok for say 200bhp cars but anything more then its a complete waste of time and money, this "v3" had been put on my mates car and took them months and left him without a car for 4 times the length of time originally agreed, then its still not been advertised as available and been 5 months on his car. They even sent him a dyno sheet with the new intercooler on his car.... dyno sheet had someone elses registration and a date on it from 3 years ago!

Unfortunately the best out there that's a direct fit with fitting kit Forge, they don't make them anymore, not worth their while, but the DS3 one fits with some slight mods to the crash bar to fit it, just drill holes in different places to fit it, you get what u pay for at the end of the day, there is reason why some companies are 2 and 3 times more expensive than others, and the proof is in the pudding!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I noticed this forum seemed quiet. Well, it's already on it's way now so once it gets here and is fitted then I can only give it the benefit of the doubt and see if my car likes it. You never know I might get a good one by chance 😂 this will be the first car I've ever done a build and tune on so I'm massively excited for it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So latest on the car.... this little hose was sitting just behind the dip stick area in the engine bay and when I pulled it out was covered in dirt and oil. It's the breather hose for the pressure converter, also known as boost control solenoid.this is the reason mine was full of crap and I had to replace it. So I put on a few inches of 4mm I.d silicone hose to lengthen it to be able to position in a cleaner area of the engine bay. Easy little preventative mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reconditioned turbo, new manifold gasket, new oil feed line, silicone hoses, forge intake, forge dump valve and cleaned manifold. That sorts out the exhaust side. For the intake I've got airtec intercooler coming and forge alloy boost pipes on Wednesday. Also a comparison pic of my pressure converter that I suspect was starting to play up on account of the boost pressure oscillating. Boost gauge also fitted so I can keep an eye on things. Slowly starting to take shape now. 😎

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts