Peugeot Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Looking at the new fault codes I think something odd has happened with the BSI. There are usually 3 CAN buses which are all associated with the BSI and there are some odd CAN bus errors on at least two CAN buses.
Just a quick update.
Fuel pressure is high again.3 times as high as the scanner states required pressure.

The po500 I was wondering if the ecu thinks vehicle going faster than it is,So is supplying more fuel than required.

The day started with low fuel pressure and engine stalling.
Now the engine runs without cutting out although knocking due to high pressure.

Cannot see any damage to pipes.

Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just a quick update.
Fuel pressure is high again.3 times as high as the scanner states required pressure.

The po500 I was wondering if the ecu thinks vehicle going faster than it is,So is supplying more fuel than required.

The day started with low fuel pressure and engine stalling.
Now the engine runs without cutting out although knocking due to high pressure.

Cannot see any damage to pipes.

Thanks
My guess is there is a problem with the pressure regulator. It could be jamming open but I think it’s mounted on the high pressure pump so was probably changed when the new pump was fitted – see attachments

Your pump has two low-pressure fuel lines one of these is probably a return line from pressure regulator. Could this be blocked?

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
My guess is there is a problem with the pressure regulator. It could be jamming open but I think it’s mounted on the high pressure pump so was probably changed when the new pump was fitted – see attachments

Your pump has two low-pressure fuel lines one of these is probably a return line from pressure regulator. Could this be blocked?
Thanks for the advice sorry been tied up with family stuff.
I disconnected fuel lines and blew out with compressed air.
Also changed one of plastic fuel pipes to top of fuel pump,was not making good connection.
Then I heard sshh noise on the union on metal pipe on fuel pump think it goes to common rail.so tightened as much as I dare.

But fuel pressure very irratic.Runs lovely on 800rpm tick over then jumps all about.Then dies.
Restarts easily.runs for a few mins.Then fuel pressure jumps about then dies.
I attach some Autel results with some live data.Hopefully maybe of some use.

It's starting to drive me crackers now lol.

The last pic.Is this supposed to connect to somthing?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
If the pressure is jumping about to my mind it suggests the regulator or possibly the pump itself is faulty. I am beginning to wonder whether when the new pump didn't fix the van if the original pump was put back on. It was very odd that someone changed the pump but didn't prime it.

I don't know what the T piece is in your photo but it does seem very odd. I can't see it on the fuel piping diagram I posted sometime ago (see page 1) but I see there is a cooler in the return line.

Edit:
This link is interesting because it shows most of your parameters seem to be correct:
The flow control and regulator seem to be operating correctly so it's odd that the rail pressure is higher than expected and there is a large pressure fluctuation. I still wonder is the return to the tank is an issue. For example could the fuel cooler in the return path be blocked?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
If the pressure is jumping about to my mind it suggests the regulator or possibly the pump itself is faulty. I am beginning to wonder whether when the new pump didn't fix the van if the original pump was put back on. It was very odd that someone changed the pump but didn't prime it.

I don't know what the T piece is in your photo but it does seem very odd. I can't see it on the fuel piping diagram I posted sometime ago (see page 1) but I see there is a cooler in the return line.

Edit:
This link is interesting because it shows most of your parameters seem to be correct:
The flow control and regulator seem to be operating correctly so it's odd that the rail pressure is higher than expected and there is a large pressure fluctuation. I still wonder is the return to the tank is an issue. For example could the fuel cooler in the return path be blocked?
Hi.
Managed to get a few hours today.
The high fuel pressure issue seems to have been the union on metal pipe going to common rail also one of the snap fittings on plastic fuel pipe was slightly loose.so changed.

Now on tick over 800rpm it stalls.
It looks like there is very small air bubbles every so often from fuel filter to high pressure pump.
I changed the fuel filter again and also the priming bulb/pipe with the fuel filter snap fittings.
But still stalls on 800rpm tick over.
Runs really nice But then.All of a sudden slightly larger bubbles,then engine stops.

Btw.you may laugh.
I have an ABS issue
Codes suggest speed sensors left hand front and left hand rear.
But it's not sensors.I think it's ABS module.
Can it get any better lol.

Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
Thanks for the update. It sounds like you are getting there. You may eventually have to replace the pipe. Apparently, dealers routinely change it when they change the pump. The reason is to stop any debris getting into the fuel line but I think it also helps changing the connectors. They are tighten to a fairly high torque so may not withstand too many mates and de-mates.

Is there a bleed valve on your filter? There is a Youtube video of someone bleeding a Citroen HDi diesel filter. The main aim was to remove some water but you could see some air bubbles as well.

Good luck with your ABS.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks for the update. It sounds like you are getting there. You may eventually have to replace the pipe. Apparently, dealers routinely change it when they change the pump. The reason is to stop any debris getting into the fuel line but I think it also helps changing the connectors. They are tighten to a fairly high torque so may not withstand too many mates and de-mates.

Is there a bleed valve on your filter? There is a Youtube video of someone bleeding a Citroen HDi diesel filter. The main aim was to remove some water but you could see some air bubbles as well.

Good luck with your ABS.
Hi Thanks for all your assistance ian, I probably would of got dis- heartened without your kind help.

I can't actually see a bleed screw.I was thinking of by passing the filter to see if there are issues with filter housing or top.
The top has had seen some serious damage from a TOOL slipping and rounding off the 27mm nut top may it's fractured the top.Will check asap.
But won't be for few days.

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

Good luck with your ABS.
Hi Thanks for all your assistance ian, I probably would of got dis- heartened without your kind help.

I can't actually see a bleed screw.I was thinking of by passing the filter to see if there are issues with filter housing or top.
The top has had seen some serious damage from a TOOL slipping and rounding off the 27mm nut top may it's fractured the top.Will check asap
But won't be for few days.

Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
Item 5 in the image below is the fuel filter bleed pipe. I have also attached a diagram of the filter and the bleed pipe connection can be seen at the bottom of the filter (I think the black dot above it is the bleed screw). I have also attached some servicebox instructions on how to change the filter element part 8 shows where the bleed screw is.

I have also attached a couple of procedures to check the low and high pressure sides. They need some special tools so probably not that much help.

Edit:
I was thinking about your comment about the top of the filter being damaged and it occurred to me if the top is not sealing properly it could be the reason why air is getting into the fuel.
The test procedure for the low pressure side of the fuel system is worth reading.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Item 5 in the image below is the fuel filter bleed pipe. I have also attached a diagram of the filter and the bleed pipe connection can be seen at the bottom of the filter (I think the black dot above it is the bleed screw). I have also attached some servicebox instructions on how to change the filter element part 8 shows where the bleed screw is.

I have also attached a couple of procedures to check the low and high pressure sides. They need some special tools so probably not that much help.

Edit:
I was thinking about your comment about the top of the filter being damaged and it occurred to me if the top is not sealing properly it could be the reason why air is getting into the fuel.
The test procedure for the low pressure side of the fuel system is worth reading.

View attachment 95119
Hi,sorry I get very little time with the van.

I have ordered a new HP fuel pipe from pump to common rail.So I a wait that.
I bypassed the fuel filter and the bubbles in fuel lines are twice the size.I guess they were being broken down by the fuel filter previously.

As for the ABS speed sensors 2 showed.on my Autel as faults.like previous.
Just out of interest I used a later snap on kit.
That showed all 4 speed sensor faults also stated van was travelling 20kph.
Along with the low voltage code.
I will update my ABS post with details.

Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts

I bypassed the fuel filter and the bubbles in fuel lines are twice the size.I guess they were being broken down by the fuel filter previously.

Thanks

Thanks
It sounds like you have an air leak somewhere along the fuel line from the tank.

I think the low voltage code may refer specifically to the ABS module. It is powered directly from the maxi-fuse box (MF2 and MF3). The earth point MC16 should be checked.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts