Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right need some advice . I have had problems with my bsi . so I brought a second-hand bsi with same codes and sent it to bba reman to check and blank . it came back saying it was fine and has been blanked . so I then paid Peugeot to put the software on it . which they said everything that was meant for the car went on . but I had to buy a new key fob with chip as they couldn't link my old one and since then I have a beep every time I remove my key and when i turn off the engine my interior light comes on so I turn it off and it keeps coming back on . plus my speedo and rev counter goes from saying zero to dropping the needles right down then back to zero . plus my indicator stopped working and when I went to change the bulb it started to work again . Peugeot said its a bsi problem either hardware or software download fault . but bba- reman said the bsi was perfect and didn't need any work apart from virginizing and Peugeot when they started said it was fine . but I have put it on my pp2000 and that said I have instrument panel fault which it can't read and a abs ecu fault not being able to find ecu . what would you guy and girls do

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I dont rate BBA very highly to be honest it would probably have been cheaper and easier to just buy a whole ecu set from another car.

If you have planet why did you get peugeot to fix it you can reprogram a blank BSI yourself.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because it a one shot deal . If I messed it up I would have had to pay to blank it again . But I am thinking that Peugeot hasn't installed it right and know they would need to pay to blank it . Because they say theirs no faults but my planet says I have about 4

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Thats not really accurate about being a 1 shot deal if you have the key codes and the vin number its really quite straightforward and you just work methodically you cant really get it that wrong its just a case of selecting the correct items and functions on the car.

Peugeot probably done a download from their server with slightly different setting so your probably right about that but it may be possible to change it to what it should be.

Peugeot would not get it blanked they would just sell you a new one !!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They can't sell me a new one . Because they where discontinued . This is why they told me is to buy a second hand one and send it off to be checked then fixed if needed and then virginized . The car is also so when opening with the remote about 5 second delay .

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried again with Peugeot because my driver's side light cluster keeps stops working . Like my indicator keeps stopping flashing and if I turn the car off and leave it for a minute it's fine . They are still saying faulty bsi . So called bba-reman and they are going to take it back under warranty. But they did say get Peugeot to get a new one and invoice them . Only problem they stopped selling them

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have had to pay another £165 as bba has now said their seem to be a issue with my bsi but they can't seem to fix it . so they said i need to get another one for £165 to them for a unit from them and then another £100 for Peugeot to reprogram it . so all in for this bsi problem its going to cost me £620 . this is the worst car i have ever had . if this don't work . i will burn the thing

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You have went the worst route possible to fix whatever issue you had thats not the cars fault you are relying on so called experts that are only interested in making money

Whatever issue you had could have been fixed for probably £100 total !

If your BSI was faulty then buying a used ecu set would have got you sorted without even visiting the dealers as they are easy enough to swap and without dealing with BBA who i have bad experiences with and so do many others

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have went the worst route possible to fix whatever issue you had thats not the cars fault you are relying on so called experts that are only interested in making money

Whatever issue you had could have been fixed for probably £100 total !

If your BSI was faulty then buying a used ecu set would have got you sorted without even visiting the dealers as they are easy enough to swap and without dealing with BBA who i have bad experiences with and so do many others
I have tried looking every where for a ecu set with key fob and passcode for a 307 2.0 hdi 110 and can't find a complete set . I can find loads of 90's but no complete set for 110's even without passcode

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Plus whats to say that if I can find one . It could be why they sold it for breaking or breaking it them self and not saying Then I would be in the same boat

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I sell ecu sets on ebay and only sell the ones i test prior to removal you dont need the passcode if you get it its a bonus but its not essential

All you actually need is the ecu bsi and key anything else is extra speedo miles will change etc if you dont get speedo your own key can be reused you just swap the head over you dont need the locks or the barrel or the underbonnet fusebox.

There must be some on ebay.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The scanners dont wipe anything thats just rubbish i read that on 1 listing too and it looks to me like they are just trying to cover themselves if it dont work

Looking at completed listings there were 3 suitable 110 sets sold recently you just need to be in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is strange . the original bsi from my car that gave me all the problems before I sourced a second one . I have have put back in after I pulled all the fuses and checked them and put back in works fine . all my issues have gone and all I done was pulled all the fuses went on service box and checked that they where ok and in right order ? . any ideas

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your original fault was wiring and disturbing the wiring fixed it temporarily the BSI you got blanked was coded wrongly causing issues.

The problem may well come back at some point but i recon wiring is the real issue.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can someone tell me does the comms 2000 unit have anything to do with the multifunction display and the instrument panel ? . I have put it on pp and found no faults with the bsi . but I have my old 2 faults. which I was sorting out and 1 in multifunction display and 2 in instrument panel . the thing is when I had the original issue of alarm going off and not starting Peugeot said that was my comms unit failed so that I changed the comms unit for one I fixed out of the 2 faulty ones I had . ( 1 had a issue with the wiper stalk and the other was the alarm . I used the stalk off the alarm one and changed it with the faulty stalk one. then that sorted the car alarm out but these new faults have been since then ? . all I keep getting from Peugeot is bsi faulty . but I can't see how my original bsi has the same faults as the new one I had blanked and reprogramed to the car ? .

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your not very clear on what your remaining faults are your thread started with you replacing a BSI not saying what faults led you to that outcome or the fact you had already been swapping parts.

To get the right answers you need to ask the right questions AND give us all the info

From what i can read your BSI was NEVER your real problem.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it started with went to get in my car and the remote locking didn't work so I opened with the key . the alarm went off so I went to start and nothing . so I had it recovered by green flag they said it sound like bsi . so I contacted Peugeot dealer and they said no only the comms unit controls remote unlocking and alarm and by the sound of it it's failed . so I knew I had one with a faulty wiper stalk and took the stalk off the one that was causing the alarm to go off and fitted to the other . that sorted the problem out apart from the boot wouldn't open and the rear wiper keep going off everytime I unlocked . so Peugeot said that a faulty bsi . that's when I changed that and sorted the boot out .but I had multifunction display fault and instrument panel fault about talking to ecu and oil temp fault and the driverside rear indicator keeps stopping as if the bulb gone . so Peugeot said it still a faulty bsi and that's gone back and I put back the original that wouldn't lock the boot . but that works now and I have the same issues as the one I sent back . so I was thinking could it be the comms unit as this was the original fault

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No still sounds like a wiring issue is your REAL fault and disturbing things has cured it temporarily

As for the comms causing your issues with display answer is no the display and the dash are plugged directly into the BSI via the same plug its a black plug on early models later models i cant remember if its still black but the plug is 10 pin not the big ones with the sliding clips

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well when the alarm went off the recovery guy was pull all the wires off on the bsi and the ecu plus the fuses in the engine bay trying to stop the noise . then he was disconnecting and reconnecting some of them while the battery was connected . before he pulled the wheel arch out and unplugged the siren . could that have caused anything

1 - 20 of 26 Posts