Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vin stored in the bsi is different to the one on the chassis, as I was going to code new keys but do not have the code, should I get the pin from the vin in the bsi?
Or could I run into issues with the immobiliser unless that won't matter at all and would have been changed to match? Not sure how it works.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be able to program new keys, the security code for the fitted BSI must be used.
I'll stick with that one then. I have to get the pin from the vin through an online service, local car locksmiths asking huge amount of money to do a 30 minute read with a scanner, or pulling the EEPROM even

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Get the pin for the vin stored in the BSI

Do not change the vin stored in the BSI as this is matched to the digit code also stored in the BSI and these MUST match

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
i can pull pin from car in less than 10 mins if you bring car to me the cost for this is £10, i can also get pin from vin i charge £25 for this

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can pull pin from car in less than 10 mins if you bring car to me the cost for this is £10, i can also get pin from vin i charge £25 for this
That'd be great, I'd have to do it by vin, I'll get the number tomorrow and pm it.

On the subject slightly of the vin, do dvla only care about vin printed on the chassis and that? Considering the bsi is different.

·
5,672 Posts
DVSA are only worried about the vin being the same as on the chassis and it's checked at the MOT

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
as I said above:

"To be able to program new keys, the security code for the fitted BSI must be used. "

If you are trying to get the security code from the VIN, you must use the VIN in the BSI.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
as I said above:

"To be able to program new keys, the security code for the fitted BSI must be used. "

If you are trying to get the security code from the VIN, you must use the VIN in the BSI.
I have a guaranteed pin option for people in this situation (or anyone even if still original bsi)

I have a device that plugs into obd (or connect into can wires on old 307 pre facelift)

£9 for postage and packing
£10 for use of device
£400 deposit that will be returned once I receive device back

Or if you bring car to me it's just £10

I would also sell the device for £400

1 - 10 of 10 Posts