Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Altough the BSI unit serves an important function for the security of the vehicle many have a fault that means replacment transponders cannot be 'programmed' to the car.....this is recognised by peugeot as a problem but they will not do anything about it besides sell you a new BSI and fit it at horendous cost,
My question / challenge is can anyone tell me how to evict the BSI unit and 'fix' the fuel pump, or de-mobilise the BSI unit?
My partner has a 206 that has been sitting on the drive for two months costing us a small fortune in 'repair' bills that don't work, now i intend to bypass the imobiliser function of the BSI or replace it with an aftermarket ECU that can do the job.....Any help with suppliers or technical advice would be greatly apreciated.
cheers.

·
Registered
862 Posts
stormie said:
Altough the BSI unit serves an important function for the security of the vehicle many have a fault that means replacment transponders cannot be 'programmed' to the car.....this is recognised by peugeot as a problem but they will not do anything about it besides sell you a new BSI and fit it at horendous cost,
My question / challenge is can anyone tell me how to evict the BSI unit and 'fix' the fuel pump, or de-mobilise the BSI unit?
My partner has a 206 that has been sitting on the drive for two months costing us a small fortune in 'repair' bills that don't work, now i intend to bypass the imobiliser function of the BSI or replace it with an aftermarket ECU that can do the job.....Any help with suppliers or technical advice would be greatly apreciated.
cheers.
This is a good site loads of info on bsi and electrics

http://www.bba-reman.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

:) Thanks for your sujestion...i called them and found that they can do the bosch units but not the siemens ones, appharently the siemens units cannot be messed with, They can however do my renault laguna ecu which will make that a damd sight more reliable as the imobiliser key on that works in a similar way. Thanks alot....

·
Registered
862 Posts
stormie said:
:) Thanks for your sujestion...i called them and found that they can do the bosch units but not the siemens ones, appharently the siemens units cannot be messed with, They can however do my renault laguna ecu which will make that a damd sight more reliable as the imobiliser key on that works in a similar way. Thanks alot....

Glad to be of some help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts